Monastery question

War_Pig

Warlord
If you have Monasteries built then trade your only wine will you lose the + you get to :c5culture: or do you keep it still?

If I remember correctly I think it works a bit like marble where only the city that has the luxury in its limits gets the benefits. So I would think that even if you traded away your only wine you would still get the culture. You would still take the happiness hit though.

At work so I can't really test it.

If you have Monasteries built then trade your only wine will you lose the + you get to :c5culture: or do you keep it still?

I also believe that you still get the culture. You even get it, when you modernized the tile, but don't work it. Why shouldn't you get it, when you sell the resource?

But as I never really tested it, is this correct?

I'm about 99% certain that you get the culture regardless of whether you're trading that wine away or not.

I'm less certain whether you get the culture from the building or the tile. If the latter, then you would need to be working that tile to get it. I think you get the culture from the building (so you get it whether you work the Wine tile or not), but I'm not very sure of that.

Top Bottom