Mongolia conquered by Tyre

Bad Wolf

King
So I've seen city-states conquer each other before... but I've never seen a city-state take another civ's capital! Especially when that civ is... Mongolia! :lol: Genghis Khan would be ashamed...

In case you're wondering, from the end-game replay it seems as if what happened was Mongolia picked one too many fights with its neighbours and they ultimately united to destroy the golden horde, with Tyre dealing the finishing blow and taking Karakorum.

Attachments

• mongolia conquered by tyre.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 226
That's hilarious... Losing a capital to a city-state, and you have a 30% bonus against them? That's as bad as losing it to Barbarians, which is notoriously hard to do.

I LOVE when city states conquer other cities but an actual capital to deal the final blow? Perfect!
Aside from this, my favorite thus far would be seeing Antwerp on a Europe TSL map conquer Amsterdam. :lol:

I actually wish that things like this would happen a lot more often. I'm all for CSs being unpredicatble.

In my current game, I'm playing as Portugal. Fractal map, King, standard settings and all. Ottomans declare war on Greece, buy the allegiance of all the city-states that are allied with Greece and share a border with him, and proceed to absolutely wreck Alexander. Ottomans capture two of his five cities, and Singapore takes two more. I found it particularly ironic that that the Great Collector of City-States would be turned on and devoured by his own. Hehe

I actually wish that things like this would happen a lot more often. I'm all for CSs being unpredicatble.
Problem is when a CS declares war on you (because they're allied to someone who does) they will usually charge at you with one sole Pikeman or Crosbowman, and then when that "army" has been eradicated they will through in another single unit, until they've lost all their units. So practically what they do is commit suicide. I wish they would code them to just hold back passively unless they actually had a capable army that had a real chance of doing some damage.

I weaken cities and let CS'es take them on a regular basis to avoid warmongering penalties. Keep city HP at 0, and wait for CS to capture it, and hopefully raze it. Always nice to avoid an Extreme warmonger penalty.

I've had about 2 cases where one CS annexes another CS. One of those cases even involved the vanilla quest asking for civs to capture another CS and they completed their own quest.

But yeah, that is hilarious: Mongolia being owned by a CS.

I've never seen a city-state take another civ's capital! Especially when that civ is... Mongolia! :lol:
Well, if there's anyone declaring on CS's left and right it's Mongolia, sometimes effectively, sometimes completely ineffectively.
I've seen them declare war on a CS and lose a main town to that CS. Granted, I've never seen them wiped out by a CS, but I'm not completely surprised it happened...

So if a CS captures multiple non-razable cities, is it considered a civ at that point? At least one that isn't trying to win.

Problem is when a CS declares war on you (because they're allied to someone who does) they will usually charge at you with one sole Pikeman or Crosbowman, and then when that "army" has been eradicated they will through in another single unit, until they've lost all their units. So practically what they do is commit suicide. I wish they would code them to just hold back passively unless they actually had a capable army that had a real chance of doing some damage.

This. Very few things frustrate me more than having a city state send their artillery in to the water, and then get it killed by an enemy AI city, leaving the city state itself completely defenseless. You would think city states would be programmed to always have a melee unit protecting its worker, and to always have a ranged unit inside the city. It can't be that hard to do...

That would be awesome if Venice won a domination victory by purchasing a capital that had been conquered by a city state. Maybe the coolest victory of all time. That should be an achievement!

That`s pretty good. it`s nice to see such little quirks as they are not unrealistic. If a CS takes advanatge of a power civ in multiple wars and actually kills it, then well done that CS!

That would be awesome if Venice won a domination victory by purchasing a capital that had been conquered by a city state. Maybe the coolest victory of all time. That should be an achievement!

What if, by some freak chance on a Pangea map, a CS conquered all the capitals? :p

I told Genghis, I said, "Hey, Genghis! Don't go attacking those city-states randomly! You'll get beaten up!"
Genghis said, "Nah, nothing to worry about. I mean, I get a +30% combat boost against city-states! What could go wrong?"
Guess Tyre's getting the last laugh...

Can someone tell me if Karakorum now has Tyre's luxury in the city tile, or did they "fix" that. That happened one game, a merc CS conquered an AI civ's city, razed it, and left a a porcelain on the map. I was thinking that using a strategy similar to what rodrigoq proposed had the potential for creating some great city landscapes.

I'd check it myself but gee, I have a game running in the background and according to the powers-that-be here, if I were to save my game, check the posted save out of curiosity, and reload my game in progress, that's somehow considered cheating. Not that I ever post my games for HoF anyway, but I keep copies of the finished games in case I ever decide to. Plus I don't like the insinuation.

Top Bottom