More Civ 6 leaks?

Yup, leak Gorgo sounds great, she will be a must play for me, as I loved the culture on kill from civ5 Monty, I can see letting the barbarian scouts find your cities on purpose, and set your hoplites ready for the culture farming.

i'm thankful they called the LUA 'thermopylae' and not 'this is sparta'. so, so thankful

Haha you're right. A wise decision by the devs.

By the way, I hope they wrote Gorgo's dialogue so that she speaks briefly and directly. The Spartans were a famously terse people (and proud of it). Hence the word "laconic."

I hope Gorgo's agenda also somehow changes the way she looks at warmongers. It's quite sad if she dislikes you for never being at war, but dislikes you even more if you declare at someone.

I hope Gorgo's agenda also somehow changes the way she looks at warmongers. It's quite sad if she dislikes you for never being at war, but dislikes you even more if you declare at someone.
Only if you loose, if anything she respects strenght.

So, I have mostly been following the well of souls previews and this is the first I've seen of Gorgo. What's the deal with her? Is she some scenario-specific or DLC leader? I hadn't seen mention of multiple leaders for civs (though the mechanical setup appears to imply you could have different leaders).

So, I have mostly been following the well of souls previews and this is the first I've seen of Gorgo. What's the deal with her? Is she some scenario-specific or DLC leader? I hadn't seen mention of multiple leaders for civs (though the mechanical setup appears to imply you could have different leaders).

She's their big secret reveal, second leader for Greece. (and fitting the leader picture board that was leaked earlier)
(accidentally leaked on one of the Let's plays when they opened up the civilopedia for leaders)
Probably to be revealed this week or next.

So is only Greece getting a second leader? (Or is the idea that other leaders would be future DLC?)

So is only Greece getting a second leader? (Or is the idea that other leaders would be future DLC?)
Others would be DLC...Spain's Isabella probably a very early DLC as she was on the leader picture poster

I wonder if they're going to do a 'flip Greece' approach with Spain and make Isabella more of a 'Peaceful Spread of Religion' Leader where Philip is more warlike. I don't think that would necessarily fit their respective histories, but it would flip the focus of the Civ similar to how Pericles -> Gorgo flips Greece from peaceful Culture to warlike Culture.

I wonder if they're going to do a 'flip Greece' approach with Spain and make Isabella more of a 'Peaceful Spread of Religion' Leader where Philip is more warlike. I don't think that would necessarily fit their respective histories, but it would flip the focus of the Civ similar to how Pericles -> Gorgo flips Greece from peaceful Culture to warlike Culture.

That's an interesting idea but I feel a little differently with how they should go about differentiating Philip and Isabella. Spain under Philip is more religious focused which ties into their Unique Unit (Conquistador) and Unique Infrastructure (Mission) which provide bonuses to faith and religion. Instead of a second heavy religious leader for Spain, they could do something tied into Spain's Civilization Ability, Treasure Fleets and give additional bonuses from trade / exploration (similar to Isabella's ability from Civilization V (Seven Cities of Gold) where she got gold for discovering a Natural Wonder and then additional culture and happiness from the Natural Wonder tiles).

I suspect Isabella will either be more exploration-oriented, or provide better Theological Combat Strength. That's an aspect of religion that hasn't really been addressed yet in any uniques.

I suspect Isabella will either be more exploration-oriented, or provide better Theological Combat Strength. That's an aspect of religion that hasn't really been addressed yet in any uniques.
With Philip focusing on Religion, I'm pretty sure Isabella will be exploration-focused.

Pedicle and Gorgo are both culture-focused, just in different ways. Phillip and Isabella could both be religion-focused in different ways.
Yes, but Isabella was known for the age of exploration, we have no exploration-focused civs and she had such bonus in Civ5. So, I'd say it's highly possible. She could tie together religion and exploration, though.

Yes, but Isabella was known for the age of exploration, we have no exploration-focused civs and she had such bonus in Civ5. So, I'd say it's highly possible. She could tie together religion and exploration, though.
She is also known for initiating the Spanish Inquisition and the forced conversion of Jews and Muslims in Spain.

Top Bottom