More Civilian Units?

cosmicmangobear

Warlord
Would the game benefit from having more civilian units in the game that enhance specific aspects of gameplay? With the addition of Naturalists and Rock Bands in the game, what other real life civilian units (that don’t fall under the generic “worker” category) are missing from the game? What could units like lawyers, doctors, journalists, police officers and activists, all of whom have played huge roles in socities throughout history, add to Civilization VI?

This isn't necessarily people but now that we have railroads I would like to see some form of trains.
There could be freight trains that act like traders, or passenger trains that help out with tourism.
I also think that Cruise ships could work like a passenger train but on water.

This isn't necessarily people but now that we have railroads I would like to see some form of trains.
There could be freight trains that act like traders, or passenger trains that help out with tourism.
I also think that Cruise ships could work like a passenger train but on water.

This.
I'm not sure we need new Civilian Units, but it would be nice to have more indication (graphics) on the map of all the civilian activity and traffic in the world.
I think they missed a Huge chance when they gave us railroads in GS, by not including the trains on those railroads. As you said, a freight train representing each Trader using the railroad, passenger trains showing the traffic between cities or to National Parks, Cruise ships going back and forth between Seaside Resorts or cities with coastal Wonders.

Taking it up a notch, the trains could start out as little steam locomotives and wooden cars, in the Modern Era become big locomotives or electric engines with steel cars, in the Atomic Era diesels, 'bullet trains' at end of game. Could have had a much more visually interesting game, and a graphic indicator on the map of what's happening in Trade and Appeal.

I'm not sure we need new Civilian Units, but it would be nice to have more indication (graphics) on the map of all the civilian activity and traffic in the world.
I'd like to add passenger planes graphics that come with an International Terminal building in the Aerodrome that makes the district more useful than just air combat and contribute to tourism.

I would like a prospector unit that could reveal new resources. Perhaps with a chance based on tile so it wouldn't be automatic resource reveal.

Top Bottom