More Epic Than ROM: AND and the Gods: A ROM AND DI

MoreEpicThanYou

The most Epic.
Welcome, to my third second DI! Due to some people not being able to run C2C, I'm downgrading to ROM AND and making a DI! So, the rules are as usual..

I.Thou shalt announce your intentions.
--(Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates)

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking
--(You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.)

III. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of knowledge or the heavens to mortals.
--(No units or techs should be revealed to any civilization if they are not in the current or previous era of the player)

IV. Thou shalt not use your powers for cataclysmic destruction
--(Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.)

V. Thou shalt reveal yourself to the mortal with grace.
--(Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Choose a name and domain [i.e., Winston, the Sea God] that you govern, even if the characters don't know it's you acting)

VI. Thou shalt not be vindictive, and thou shalt not halt progress.
--(You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently. You are also not allowed to remove any named unit, for any reason.)

VII. Thou shalt not be unnecessarily nice to the puny mortal.
--(I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Praetorians to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.)

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.
--(If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!)

IX. Thou shalt not war with the other gods. Much.
--(Obviously there's going to be some strife between those who would support my Quest, and those who would seek to oppose him. Having said that, Gods are not allowed to reverse the effects of an intervention without waiting for the update after the effects have been felt. This includes quests. In fact, you would do well to leave the other god's quests alone entirely. If you want me to do yours instead, make it more interesting or more lucritive)

X. Thou shalt obey the natural order of things, and of time, and of destiny.
--(There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart.)

XI. Thou shalt not abuse your architectural omniscient nature.
--(Don't add wonders that don't already exist.)

Anyway, let's begin!
We spawn, as usual for this mod, in a dense forest. Meanwhile, my biologists have discovered a new species...
Me: What IS that?
Random Citizen: It's a muddy beast!
Biologist: No, it's a MARSH COW! Our studies show that they give less "Food" than usual!
Me: That's all we get for food? Muddy meat? I DEMAND YOU...
Biologist: Stop! Only the power of the gods can help here!
Me: Whatever. Guards, kill him anyway.

I really, REALLY hate it when I spawn 1 tile away from an ocean without knowing it. :mad:

A goodie hut finally gave me a tech!

My biologists seem to be right. Crap.

A Worker! I tell you what, tribesmen, if you want to be my eternal slaves you have to take the 100% non-dangerous unguarded path to Epicopolis, where you will learn how to harvest mudmeat.

Well, we're not alone this time! He is Creative, but we should be safe from that for a while...

Another worker! They get to take an even longer and equally non-dangerous journey!

Huayna. I usually don't get peaceful people like him much. I usually get people like...

Brennus. At least it's not Boudica...

This is the Realistic Culture Spread mod, which makes borders spread across open area more easily than across sea, forests, or rivers.

That long... just for a Mine? :eek:

Me: Let there be Prophets and :whipped:ing!
People: Huh?
*whips and prophets appear instantly*
People: I feel like randomly killing someone!
Me: CALM DOWN!--- *waits 3 turns*

Hemp, in our borders! I have to wait for Calendar to get it, but it's better than mudmeat...

Well, here's the Epic Empire on turn 50.

And here's the known world. Hopefully, people actually edit the save this time..

Attachments

• rom di 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    259.3 KB · Views: 38
It's not preinstalled. It's an amazing mod, outclassed only by C2C. Look at Yoshi's first story for more.

Hey, at least having access to all that hemp will make the mudcattle look more appetizing... ;-)

I can't personally change the file, as in the RFC DI I'm in, but Awhamay will be in this world to. Anyone to do my changes?

If so, Quest is: Meet every civ. Nickname one George, but it can't be Washington. If there is Washington, nickname him Joe. So, George and Joe. Have George be your best bud and be very nice to him. Tell me who George actually is, of course. Gift George at least one worker and three military units, and you will be repayed.

Could someone tell me every civ? Thanks in advance.

Princeof Persia, god of chaos speaks: You must declare war on the next civ you meet. When invading his/her territory, you must pillage all improvements in the surrounding area. Once the civ's capital is yours, you will be greatly rewarded.

Top Bottom