More leaders, UBs, UAs, UUs per Civ please

Shylock76

Chieftain
Any modders know if its at all possible to mod multiple leaders per Civ as in Civ IV or is it a case this wont ever be an option? In the same vein is it possible that there could be a random selection of UAs, UBs and UUs per civ.

I'm guessing not but it would give so many flavours per Civ and could make a weak civ stronger in some games depending on UA's, UBs and UUs assigned.

sorry for necro of post but since this is exactly what I was going to "wish for christmas" I will second it.

As it is now, unless changed by mods, all nations always have the same leaders and the same UUs,UBs and traits.

This limits the players choices in game actually.

Take England or Ottomans for example, while they are not completely useless on a "all-land" map, their mainly Sea oriented traits or better their absence make you think twice before picking them up.

Its no biggie, with BNW and all the other DLCs combined, we have more than enough alternatives but if there is another expansion planned than I would surely wish for at least another leader who not only changes the "flavor" of the diplomatic screen but also comes with his own UUs and/or UBs and traits.

America for example could get Lincoln as an alternative Leader, a different Ironclad as a UU (the Monitor) or how about a UU Trade Ship (the Mississippi Liner, bonus gold from onboard gambling :) ) and a different trait (example "Emancipation Proclamation" - less unhappiness in occuppied cities) or something like that.

There are numerous advantages having multiple leaders. Since changing UUs/UBs and traits basically changes the whole Civ, we would double, triple or more the Civs that are already in the game. Beside that, every new game with random civs you would be excited to see who you are up against this time. Personalities of different leaders could be totally different meaning that some will live and love peace while others knock on your doors with a big stick and as already mentioned, I would love a diplomacy screen with Stalin in full Civ 5 grandeur :) (since the other guy has even less than a chance of appearing at all, I better not mention him).

All in all, it would be in any way a welcome addition and I doubt anyone would be against it.

I'm against it. I'd rather have more civs. I can understand wanting more stuff per civ, but I don't see the point in having more of the same civ when you can just change some names and have an entirely new one.

What he said ^. Why give Arabia a Madrassa when Mali could be getting that instead. Especially when you consider that Arabia already has 2 uniques and Mali doesn't even exist in civ 5 yet.

I'm against it. I'd rather have more civs. I can understand wanting more stuff per civ, but I don't see the point in having more of the same civ when you can just change some names and have an entirely new one.

I agree, but I'd want civs that change how the game is played in some fun way.

Well designed civs can significantly alter the game with the current model, just changing part of less interesting civs would add more depth to them.

Hurrah someone resurrected this...i was hoping with release of DLL this might be possible.

@awesome...this wouldnt stop modding new civs, it would allow having some different flavours to existing civs based on new leaders. Where civs have two UUs or UBs they should be getting a UB or UU respectively

Would mean you could get some nice additional characters such as:

Julius Caesar
Victoria
Kublai Khan
Lenin
De Gaulle
Brennus
JFK

etc etc

as well as more UAs per civ eg

Romans - All roads lead to Rome (reduced road maintenance)
English - Defender of the Faith (+x faith per era)
Germans - Industrial powerhouse (+x% hammers per factory)
Greeks - Classical Scholars (GP points doubled early eras)

etc etc

Cant see why their cant be 3 or 4 UA's per civ as well as UU's and UB's where the game randomly assigns 1 UA and 2 UU's, UB's or a combination at the start of the game. Would mean that some existing civs would be somewhat less predictable.

Hurrah someone resurrected this...i was hoping with release of DLL this might be possible.

@awesome...this wouldnt stop modding new civs, it would allow having some different flavours to existing civs based on new leaders. Where civs have two UUs or UBs they should be getting a UB or UU respectively

Would mean you could get some nice additional characters such as:

Julius Caesar
Victoria
Kublai Khan
Lenin
De Gaulle
Brennus
JFK

etc etc

as well as more UAs per civ eg

Romans - All roads lead to Rome (reduced road maintenance)
English - Defender of the Faith (+x faith per era)
Germans - Industrial powerhouse (+x% hammers per factory)
Greeks - Classical Scholars (GP points doubled early eras)

etc etc

Cant see why their cant be 3 or 4 UA's per civ as well as UU's and UB's where the game randomly assigns 1 UA and 2 UU's, UB's or a combination at the start of the game. Would mean that some existing civs would be somewhat less predictable.

Yeah, that's exactly what I don't want. I'd rather have, for example, Mali with your new English UA than just getting another England. Like I said before, I can understand your point, I just disagree with it.
I don't really download mods, either, but that's another discussion entirely.

Top Bottom