More Smilies?

Does Xenforo allow more Smilies to be added to the current inventory? It should, shouldn't it, considering the current ones are from the old site?

There shouldn't be any reason why more can't be added. I know I've got a few I'd like to see here.

I am pleased that the two "hug" ones I asked for some years ago are listed among the standard smileys. :yup:

From what i understand, the site is now hosted from a cloud server making adding more smilies more complicated

Yes, we're cloud-hosted, but no, we have full control over the smileys.

In addition to our own smileys, all the "standard" emojis, which you also have in the messengers, are available here. I think this should cover a veeeeery wide range of smileys, no?

I was wondering whether @Buster's Uncle's custom smilies could be added to the inventory instead of having to look about for the downloaded GIFs in the device. I suppose I could make a separate folder for them, but I like the idea of having all of them all in the same place on CFC

It covers a wide range, but there are some that would be perfect for expressing certain sentiments that are not quite present in the others.

censored1.gif
- for those occasions when you want to make it clear that you're angry enough to swear but would rather not use the (barely) acceptable workarounds to avoid an inappropriate language note from the mods

drool.gif
- I just like this one better than the "drool" one we have

gah.gif
- expresses extreme frustration; partway between :huh: and :gripe:

Sigh.gif
- expresses some degree of disappointment

vulcan.gif
- used on TrekBBS to indicate, "You have just said something illogical."

I've got other requests as well...

I was wondering whether @Buster's Uncle's custom smilies could be added to the inventory instead of having to look about for the downloaded GIFs in the device. I suppose I could make a separate folder for them, but I like the idea of having all of them all in the same place on CFC

Some of his are huge and would really disrupt the flow of the text being typed.

I suppose the SMAC players might appreciate the SMAC-centric ones, but those are a lot to add for one small subforum.

Which ones? I made hundreds of Civ smilies and posted them here in Site a couple years ago. -I believe the sheer volume is a good deal of the problem, actually; the staff here is overworked, and nobody seems interested in sorting through and choosing a more reasonable number...

But if you're talking about all those huge x20 smilies I posted in off-topic, you probably ought to make that clear - repost those, and/or link the thread w/ some remarks about what you like...

I believe the sheer volume is a good deal of the problem, actually; the staff here is overworked, and nobody seems interested in sorting through and choosing a more reasonable number...
Not untrue TBH.
And we also have already quite some selection.
Right now I'm actually mostly in favour of only adding civ-verson specific smileys in case Civ7 comes out, the rest will always have a huge discussion potential :/.

Well - I count 28 Civ5 smilies.

Let's pick out, say, 20 apiece for 2, 4 and 6. Even just ten. That's reasonable, isn't it? A Civ forum should have civ smilies, for sure - it gives the place a pleasant personality.

J, not that installing isn't any work, but I think it's a trivial time investment for the pleasure it brings the membership. The mostly-requests smilies I think Bonyduck is after, , speak for themselves. Per son ality. -The opposite of that endless horde of corporate generics taking up bland, bland space.

-Now I need to think of what a throw 'em a bone smilie looks like...

I'd love the rim-shot smiley to be added. I mean, when I need it, I just go track down Buster's thread and copy-paste. But it would be easier if it were available among the list.

Here's a Civ4 set I made since I posted the other on-topic Civ smilies - there's 18 UUs, and 24 leaderheads, I think all x30 tall. -If that's too many, I wouldn't know how to choose, not having played 4 very much...

Attachments

• Civ4.zip
    101.8 KB · Views: 11
We do have them. [civ3][civ3mac][ptw][c3c][civ4][c4w]:bts:[civ1][civ2][tot][civ5][GandK]

Top Bottom