more than 18 civs

Sinistir1

Chieftain
Why is it a struggle for me to have more than 18 civs in a game? I have tryed mods, they have crashed, I remember when I played in the past I was able to but my computer struggled, had 24 civs on a standard map. now that should not be an issue. I have loaded mods, but still have issues when trying to play more than 18 civs. had a mod that would change the map when loaded. but now it only crashes just before it loads. I had to completely uninstall then reinstall just to play the game, the mods don't work. all I had to do before was change one h file. now I get nothing but crashes, what am I doing wrong???

Need more info to troubleshoot. What expansion/version are you using, are you using the Steam version, which mod folder are you installing into, are you modifying base game files?

I am using the steam version since I don't have a cd on this computer. I was using the my games directory to keep modded files. I ended up downloading the beta version after downloaded mods would not work. I did a complete wipe of the game before downloading. I remember with the disc version, I only had to change the cvdefines.h file, since I don't know much about the .dll files and I have no compiler to edit them with. I tried doing just that, but still only 18 civs. tried to download mod. it somewhat works but it corrupts my maps. I try using a map but when it loads in the game it spawns a map that is completly land. I even edited the map, putting the civs in and making sure their starts was on land, then it only crashed. finally I completly checked the map file and tried with only 2 civs, still crashed. however, if I load the map with custom game and less than 18 civs, it works, but will not as scenario. If I try to do custom game with more than 18 civs, it spawns the land map. when I load it as scenario it makes it to the point when the game should start but boots me to my desktop.

The first thing I'd try is switching to the "beta" version for BtS. Outlined in here, ctrl-f "beta". That should at least sort out the crashing when trying to play with mods.

Top Bottom