More than 5 FreeUnitClasses

dewell

Warlord
Hi there :)

I'm hard at work for my Ice and Fire mod and I'm glad that I can use the excel sheet of ffh2 which saved lots of time for me.

No I encountered a little problem.
I want to allocate more than 5 different freeUnitClasses for each civilization ... can someone explain to me how I can change the excel sheet properly? (I must confess that I don't nearly understand how the "EXPORT CIVILIZATION INFORMATION" button in the sheet work :p)

No way! Units, Building, Civs and Techs are much clearer in that sheet. But you have to be careful, the unitart-sheet nearly destroyed my whole mod :p

But considering my "problem" you are right. I could easily add more "FreeUnitClasses" directly in the xml file but if it's possible to change the sheet, I'd like to do it because it saved me a lot of time.

Is there any information around on how this excel sheet works? I can't find any readme or sth.?

I finally I understood how it works. Simple visual basic macros :D

I didn't turn on the development tools of excel so I couldn't find any hint of macros in the sheet.

Now I can change the sheet easily ... modding is much faster and clearer that way :)

I'd take longer to write (and probably run) but the sheet could be reworked to hold the names of each of the headers as ranges, then refer to the rows of the name ranges. In this fashion inserting new lines into the spreadsheet wouldn't require any rewrites of the Visual Basic macros to take the offset into account.

I guess it isn't worth to bother cause very few people would use it ... I just adjust the VB code if I need more lines in a sheet :)

Perhaps I will fix the ART_DEF sheet because it creates errors right now (at least in my FfH2)

Top Bottom