More Wonders

Oh com'on, Pouakai - you're somehow exaggerating with realism! :D

How come Cristo Redentor doesn't require to be built on hills with sheeps? :lol:
Or Eiffel Tower without Iron?
Pyramids with at least one desert tile nearby?
Plenty more, and you know it - i'm sure.

Haha. So what would you reccomend?

I've added several new wonders to the OP list.

As I am aware, it's not Aztec - The Aztecs were around from the 14th century onwards. Teotihuacan had died out by the 9th century. Teotihuacan had an almost 'El Dorado' mythical city status amongst the Aztec.

That's right, but Teotihuacan was problably Toltec, not Mayan.

Anyway, good job.

I'm waiting the next one.

True, I'll change that when there is the need for a v2

I'm having a few problems getting in contact with the people who do the icons, so I'll have a try, but I have quite a bit of homework and I'm on holiday from this weekend.

OK guys, I have the Temple of Heaven ingame, but I must have a line of code wrong somewhere because it isn't recognising the TXT_KEY file. Hope to get this finished and out within the week (Hindered by school starting again and Vikings)

Temple of Heaven​

The Temple of Heaven is a large religious complex in the centre of Beijing, China. It was constructed in the 15th century during the reign of the Yongle Emperor, and features elements of Taoism and Heaven worship, among which was an annual festival dedicated to heaven. The complex was occupied by the eight-nation alliance during the Boxer rebellion in 1900, and was not opened to the public until 1918. Ingame, the Temple of Heaven provides a Free Social Policy, as well as +2 :c5faith: Faith. It can be downloaded from Steam Workshop, or the Civfanatics download Database, page Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Oriental Pearl Tower

The Oriental Pearl Tower is a television tower located in Shanghai, China, on the bank of the Huangpu River. It has become an icon of Shanghai and China alike, and is comprised of 11 spheres, two of which have amenities such as observation floors and a rotating restaurant. Construction began in 1990, and took four years to complete. On the seventh of July, 2007 the tower served as the Chinese location for Live Earth, a worldwide Music concert. Ingame, the Oriental Pearl Tower provides +10% Culture and Great Person generation in all cities, and becomes available with Telecommunications. It can be downloaded from Steam Workshop or the CivFanatics download database, page Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Wow!!! OPT icon looks great !!! :goodjob:

ToH icon seems a bit larger than usual, instead. Is it intentional?

It's probably because the ToH icon was done by one of my friends who has never seen the game other than what I showed him so he got the basic idea of what the icons look like.

OPT icon done courtesy of Sukritact, as well as most future icons!

Right guys, here's the deal. I'll release the Alhambra as a wonder this weekend, but I'll also release Broadway if I get 3 comments on what people think of my recent wonders, particularily the splash screens, as I can't improve them without your help! I'll also be releasing a v2 of Teotihuacan, fixing several issues

particularily the splash screens, as I can't improve them without your help

As I wrote elsewhere in the past, just a tip from my experience.

When you work on a splash screen pay attention that the lower quarter will be covered by the dark text area. Thus the main scene must stay in the upper 3/4 of the image.
In OPT case, for example, the lower half of the buildings is not visible.

When you set a pic in the usual 972x568 width for splash screen, I suggest to (temporarily) cut/hidden the lower 116 pixels to see how it looks. Thereafter you start to work on it. Otherwise, you need to add about 100 pixels in some manner at the bottom. Look at my Sphinx, Petra and Sankore splashes to better understand what I'm saying.

I haven’t done any splash screens so far. But after creating two unit portraits/icons in all the many sizes needed for the game, I can only say that creating such is terrible much work. My appreciating for such work has been vastly increased.

I hadn’t found an easy way to do this lens shadow on the left frame, so I just ditched it. Painting and correcting the edges of the 3d effect in the alpha-channel for every icon size is already enough work.

I haven't too much experience on making splash screens yet, but i'd recommend looking for paintings to use for splash screens, they usually end up looking more painterly. But so far your splash screens have been great. (especially the one for the temple of heaven)

Maestro Pouakai, if you are ever not so sure about a proper picture as model, I can help looking for some.

972x568 is the size? Just say the wonder-keyword! :)

Thanks mates. I personally don't like using proper images as splash screens, as I know other wonder makers do, but I prefer taking an image and using the 'Oilpainting' feature I have on Photoshop to make it look like the current ones.

Yep, 972 x 568 is the size.

Broadway

Broadway is a term which has become synonomous with theatre and the preforming arts, and rightly so. Broadway itself is a road in New York City, on which approximately fourty theatres operate, each capable of seating over 500 patrons. These theatres are world renowned for their performances, and have made Broadway into the pinnacle of the theatre industry and an icon of New York City. Ingame, Broadway provides +10 :c5culture: Culture, as well as +3 :c5culture: for every Theatre in the empire, and becomes available with Radio. Broadway can be downloaded from Steam Workshop, or the CivFanatics Download Database, page Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

Really been enjoying the wonders you and Ambrox have been putting out!

Top Bottom