Most glorius military victory

Garan105

Chieftain
My most glorious victory is as follows:
I was playing a game against my father and brother. My brother wasn't doing too well (I had managed to take out one of his first cities with my scouting warrior from a stroke of pure luck), but my father was trouncing me.
The tale starts at around the time I got Invention. I was pondering for a moment "What do Warriors turn into? They must become Musketeers, but I've never had them around (seriously, built maybe 20 of them in the last 10 games or so). But it makes sense for them to turn into Musketeers, because everything else does. Then I considered the cost of a Warrior and the cost of a Musketeer. Warriors are 4x cheaper. So I got Invention, and then started to mass-produce Warriors. Around one every 2-3 turns per city (I had around 14 of them). Several turns later, (I've already gotten Gunpowder), I build Leonardo's Workshop. I hear my father say "Uh oh." The next turn, I was assaulting him with 5 musketeers, with many more to follow.

So what is your most glorious victory? I'm looking for games that use these twists and tricks to completely turn the tide or even win.

I played against a friend of mine that prefers ICS strategy but doesn't use trade.
We played against each other plus 3 more AI civs on king difficulty.

He was sure of victory, having around 40 cities (mostly small ones) and lots of units, but after delivering dozens of caravans I assaulted him with... diplomats. He was still on monarchy, didn't do too well financially and has not yet developed any high production cities, so within a few turns I got 20 new cities that celebrated quickly via WLTPD and built even more diplomats and caravans. He had a few successes taking his cities back, but next turn I bought twice as many.

Not a military victory actually but nevertheless, a pen in this game was stronger than a sword ;)

He gave up when he had ~7 cities left and no money.

Congrats on the traditional way of doing it. We all know the power-democracy way of doing it-buying them out. Or use cruiser missiles on civs that are also democracy.

Though I keep my games to 2 rivals. Adding more means the same thing but a different name. I don't want to pay for a name.

Top Bottom