Most important technology? (Modern and Future eras)

What is the most important technology in the modern or future era?

• Advanced Flight

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Composites

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Computers

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Ecology

• Fibre Optics

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Flight

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Laser

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Mass Media

• Plastics

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Radio

• Refrigeration

• Robotics

• Rocketry

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Satellites

• Superconductors

• Fusion

• Genetics

• Stealth

• Total voters

Nick723

King
For our final poll of the ‘regular season’ it’s time for the most advanced techs in the game.

Is your game already won? Which tech is going to make the difference? Are you building the space elevator?

As before, up to 3 choices. I’ve lumped in the future era ones here as there aren’t many of them and no one is voting stealth anyway :D

The trickiest one for me - at this point the techs merge someone into one in my consciousness.

I went for flight and radio - mainly because bombers are super fun (especially with a tech advantage). A lot of my NTT games end with squashing someone with bombers at the end.

Then computers - one of the few techs that can allow you to win space without lots of land - if you can beeline and land the internet.

Honestly I don't know what most of these techs do. Voted Mass Media because UN = win. ;)

I just want to say one word to you, just one word: offshoreplatforms.

Radio also enables subs (nukes), and Cristo, the last good wonder. It's prereq for computers (modern armor/internet) and satellites (docking bay). It's a required tech in every endgame approach.

Rocketry for the Apollo Program prereq to ending the game in space is really all i can come up with. I don't know.

Radio is a killer tech if you get there first/quickly. Bombers, three great wonders to keep out of the AI's hands, leads on to the rest of the space stuff.

Difficult choice as you never need any military from this era to close out a game, it can all be done with Industrial units at the latest. I tend to like Refrigeration for the Supermarkets the most, though the techs that give you the wonders that provide happy resources are also nice to beat the AI to.

Top Bottom