Most important technology? (Ancient Era)

What is the most important technology in the ancient era?

• Agriculture

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Animal Husbandry

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Archery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bronze Working

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Fishing

• Hunting

• Masonry

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Meditation

• Mining

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Monotheism

• Mysticism

• Polytheism

• Pottery

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Priesthood

• Sailing

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • The Wheel

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Writing

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
A shocking choice :eek:. I thought you would vote AH, the necessary technology to build pastures on all the plains cow in your capital's BFC :rockon:.
Honestly, I'm as surprised as you are, but I considered that you can find plains-cow tiles without even needing AH, and since just having them around is a blessing for victory, I gave the edge to BW.

Still, AH would be a close second for those looking to harness the power of plains-cow tiles. We all know what happens when civilizations decide to harness the power of cows.

Bronze working. With pottery a distant second.

Chopping early game gives an immense advantage which translates to far greater progress later on. Then you also have copper and axemen, which are essential to an early war economy.

Pottery after, because cottages are extremely OP.

BW, no question, it's all contextual but the only context in which it isn't the most important by far is when you're on barren archipelagos.

BW, no question, it's all contextual but the only context in which it isn't the most important by far is when you're on barren archipelagos.
Scratch that, on a map with no forests and only sea food BW is even more important than ever - and at least as important as Fishing - since without the whip you’re not getting anything done

Great suggestion above about moving slavery to masonry. It would give more interesting early game decisions and also make masonry->mono/religions path more playable. Historically I think this makes more sense too e.g. building the pyramids

Top Bottom