Most promotions earned single unit

KingKong76

Warlord
Im just cusious
Im not militaristic type of player and yesterday had my original warrior (lancer now) earned 7 promotions... I was really impressed...
had bombers doing that in previous games, but they went out with 3 promotions form the start... not 0....

was funny caus I usualy loose track of that guy, but since he found weapond on turn 2 and became the only spearman I had in the game, I know who he is...

He's a legend... killed tons of barberians, fought through 2 wars on 4 different fronts, took 2 cities... usualy I give those pikemen to city tate at one point, but Ill eep this one just to honnor him!! haha

you guys who are going for domination every game or almost can rack up what? 10, 12? more?

I remember someone once had a screenshot of a level 13 Keshik. I was pretty impressed by that, way over 1000 XP. I've never gotten anywhere near that, if my units reach 500 XP they've really seen a lot. That's something like level 8 or 9 if I'm not mistaken.

I remember someone once had a screenshot of a level 13 Keshik. I was pretty impressed by that, way over 1000 XP. I've never gotten anywhere near that, if my units reach 500 XP they've really seen a lot. That's something like level 8 or 9 if I'm not mistaken.

I sooooo knew I was lame!!! lol

I had an 836 XP Keshik in a game, was 836/780 XP. Technically 12 but enough for level 13. No promotions for it to get! He was one of about half a dozen Keshiks with 500+ XP each.

Farming the coastal cities with battleship, I managed to get it to max level. By max, I mean...there were no promotions available anymore. Just instant heal when it was damaged.

Also...a kind of crazy thing, I used a couple of mods...unlimited XP from Barbarians and scout>horseman upgrade. Results were...well, insane. I got it full scouting, survivalism and medic promotions when it was still scout, and the Ignore terrain cost carried over...let's just say, can't get a better hit'n run unit. It got a few more promotions, and could, as tank, outrun a gunship.

My best unit ever was a ~700xp Bazooka (level 11 or 12 I forget). He started the game as a Pathfinder and I hut upgraded him to a composite bow. He led all my attacks the entire game as I went for Domination. He had every promotion available to archery units + the Shoshone scout abilities.

I play on king so I get pretty high promotions all the time. Especially on Keshiks since their so hard to kill. I start with chariots and then upgrade them so that they keep all their promotions.

I like to name my units so that I keep up with them. I like to think of them as divisions in an army. Some are more elite then others. So I'll send the rookies and inexperienced in as pawns with a high risk of death but I don't dare send in elite units unless it's pivotal or they were ththe only ones that could get the job done. I like to think of them like the 82nd airborne or Seal Team 6. If they survive the early suicide missions, they'll get all the glory in later missions.

Sometimes I "retire" units if my army is big enough and they did something medal of honor worthy. Like an Archer, who was the only surviving unit of my military when my capital was attacked and single handedly killed six units. Once I could afford it. They were"retired" outside the capital and never upgraded from Archer like a sort of shrine to what they did for the empire.

I usually play on water maps or like small continents with a lot of coast. some times my galleas will get into early war and earn promotions early and suvive until the end giving me battleships with every promotion available and destroyers with every promotion. In my current game i have two battleships with every promotion.

I play with two mods that allow unlimited experience from Barbs and also a different promotion tree (by Blou Blou). However once I get an armory I usually just build new units rather than aim for an optimum experience.

lvl 12 missle cruiser 881/780... all the bonus ups and all ups from lvls

I had a game where my scout got promoted to Archer, then discovered Mount Kilimanjaro, on the highlands map.

So, I had an Archer that could move 4 tiles on hills, or move 3 and shoot with a range of 2. It got upgraded to X bow, got +1 range, +1 attacks per turn upgrades, as well as cover 2 and march (heal every turn even if unit takes an action). Kept it to endgame, upgraded all the way to bazooka.

lvl 12 missle cruiser 881/780... all the bonus ups and all ups from lvls

Marathon speed? A missile cruiser fully promoted is a long game :sad:
It would be nice if they got experience from using missiles that were stationed on it since it technically did the attack.

This question come up a lot. I had two machinegun units, level 16.

Spoiler :

it is an islands map so there was alot of naval unit to kill and be attacked by other civs and barbarians aswell, also i making sure to use that one only just for the upgrades and since i surpassed everyone in science they all had nothing that could do good enough damage to actually kill or come close to killing it ;)

Marathon speed? A missile cruiser fully promoted is a long game It would be nice if they got experience from using missiles that were stationed on it since it technically did the attack.

it is an islands map so there was alot of naval units to kill aswell as being attacked by other civs and barbarians aswell, also i made sure to use that one only just for the upgrades and since i surpassed everyone in science they all had nothing that could do good enough damage to actually kill or come close to killing it ;)

This question come up a lot. I had two machinegun units, level 16.

How did you get the melee style +1 vision icon? I thought the ruin-upgrade on scout keeps the scout style one? Can ranged units normally get +1 vision at some point?

How did you get the melee style +1 vision icon? I thought the ruin-upgrade on scout keeps the scout style one? Can ranged units normally get +1 vision at some point?

That screenshot is from G&K (notice no trade route icon in the top info bar). Presumably ranged units could get the Sentry promotion in G&K. They can't get it in BNW.

Isn't this the American UA in action? "All land military units get +1 sight."

Top Bottom