MOV not such a great CS gift

phillipwyllie

Wannabe Deity
After completing the Patronage tree one of my Cs allies gifted me a MOV. I normally don't use those to puppet Cs but on this occasion i puppeted Vilnuis as it had a NW. Well Harun doesn't like anymore even though we've been through thick and thin. A bug or by design don't use a MOV on a Cs which has a pledge of protection from another civ, if you wish to remain friends. Also explains why an AI Venice always gets caned.

Attachments

• mov.jpg
    mov.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 231
MoV yields double gold (and I think double influence) from conducting the same trade mission a regular Merchant does. Stick to that. If you finished Patronage, then you are probably better off patronizing city-states anyway, rather than buying them.

Looks like you and Harun have a lot more issues then just your taking over of a city-state under his protection, such as differing Ideologies, his dislike for your warmongering and his jealousy of your land and wonders. :p

I think it's a known bug if you use a MOV without while not playing as Venice, that has happened to me, too. At least I've never seen that happen to me while I was playing as Venice, but it happend quite often when I got the MOV via patronage.

But yeah, like tetley already said - use trade missions instead. It's an extremely effective way of getting gold and influence.

Looks like you and Harun have a lot more issues then just your taking over of a city-state under his protection, such as differing Ideologies, his dislike for your warmongering and his jealousy of your land and wonders. :p
In the 3 wars I was involved in Harun was my ally in all 3, in fact he was more of a warmonger than me by eliminating Russia for me. I did more liberating than capturing. Since most of the time the AI hides it's negative modifiers from you if it wants to remain friends I think the CS thing pushed Harun over the edge so to speak. I think I need to test with Venice to see if the same thing happens when you puppet a CS with a POP.

I've never seen that when playing Venice and I bought out a lot of city states.
As another poster mentioned, I think it only applies when your not Venice.

What Venice could get is the "We think you are founding cities too aggressively" as it's treated exactly likely they founded the city.

I'm thinking the bug in the design is city states giving players GMOV at all.

It does seem strange that the AI considers it as "killing" a city-state when you buy one with an MoV. And I don't recall this happening if you actually are Venice.

Still love getting MoVs from city-states though.

Top Bottom