MP help

Agramon

Warlord
So now our former cooperative MP game went a bit out of control.:rolleyes:

Even with a bit of help (2 extremely useful missionaries) of my neighbour I started a late culture race. He planned to do Spacerace, so I thought we make a peaceful competition. But then I was a bit lagging in military and technology, but doing quite well in culture. So well that he soon considered the race lost and now declared war.:rolleyes:

My power is about half of his and he's got bombers artilleries and tanks. My best defense is Machinegunners.:mischief:I switched to nationalism in order to draft more defenders. But artillery and Marines are not draftable.:cry:

My 1. City is legendary and WE/SSE production powerhouse at the end of the world. I've got another city with only scientists and Oxford + Globe set up for teching. Most cities got all commerce structures lately producing wealth to keep culture slider at 100%. I've got too artists but my 3rd culture city is at 35k producing only 300 to 400 culture depending on slider:sad:. The second city should be legendary in 20-30 turns.:blush:

My land and pop is 3/4 of his and culture cities on the other side of his territory. My culture is huge. That hopefully slows his advance.:mad: The worst thing I reckon is the complete lack of air force. That will make it quite hard to defend. And I have too little railroads :( I lack flight but might be able to get it from the third player ;-):crazyeye:

I'll try to get a screenie, but thats a bit difficult :(

Any advice is very much appreciated. I rarely fight modern wars in a defending and backwards situation against a human player :( And btw I know now its stupid to do culture in a MP without having enough enough deterring force. But you can always scold me, if you offer a good advice for the current problem in return:cool:

Get flight if you can. Try to keep him from razing every city he can get his hands on. With a power/tech deficit you're in a lot of trouble unless he squanders his stack.

In the future, don't go culture in MP unless it's the only condition ticked ;).

Can you use Nationhood? If so, it might save some of your cities. It's better to have drafted one or two units from a city that's going to get captured than to let your enemy capture it with 1 or 2 more pop. Drafting units can be really effective in MP as well, depending on how your empire is structured, because you can use drafted units on the same turn that you draft them, allowing you to surprise your enemy a bit.

In the late game since so much culture will already be in your land, you will have some initiative advantages because your enemy will have limited healing and movement capabilities. As TMIT said though, you really need to avoid having your cities get razed. If a lot of your cities are coastal that's going to be pretty difficult.

What are your recon capabilities? If you have airships and water separates you from the enemy, keep them reconning for amphibious assaults headed your way. If you border the enemy on land you can also recon using spies if you have any but I wouldn't recommend building any if your survival is at stake.

Top Bottom