MP - Some questions

JolouPT

Chieftain
Hi all,

I was until yesterday a SP only and decided to try MP. The difference is huge and within only one hour of MP one person can easily tell why all the complaining about the AI, but this thread is not about that I have a few questions I cannot find the answer. I check some threads here but no luck.

- What means the difficulty setting on multiplayer above each player? I thought it was the level you use to play at SP but seem to have nothing to do it.
- If a player loses connection is there any change to him to get back on the game?
- What is a good ping (in ms)? Is there any way to check out my own ping?
- What happens if the host of a 3 player (or more) game loses or exits?
- SP achievements don't work on MP? For instance I never played before with Russia on SP and on MP with random leaders I got Russia and win the game but no achievement.

Achievements only work in SP. Can't really answer the rest, but I'd guess the worst for all of these questions. The difficulty afaik has influence on the amount of unhappiness you start and citizens/cities cause (however from prince onwards it's the same).

- What means the difficulty setting on multiplayer above each player? I thought it was the level you use to play at SP but seem to have nothing to do it.

Most MP games are on level prince. This is mostly because of the happiness levels and the growth of city's. Lower levels gives more happiness and food bonuses for example. Some play higher levels so that city states defend better and barbarians are more annoying. Or because if a player quits it is harder to beat the AI.

- If a player loses connection is there any change to him to get back on the game?

Yes if you have have in your steamfriends. He could then click on your nametag and click join game.

- What is a good ping (in ms)? Is there any way to check out my own ping?

Below the 100 to 300 ms i would say.
Ask someone else. But your ping times are different. If you live in Europe and play against someone in the USA, the pingtimes will be higher. Same country is like about 20 ms on a good connection.

- What happens if the host of a 3 player (or more) game loses or exits?

Game will or freeze or the guy with next best computer in the game will become the host

- SP achievements don't work on MP? For instance I never played before with Russia on SP and on MP with random leaders I got Russia and win the game but no achievement.

There is an MP achievement did get from playing MP. But the rest i don't think so.

Top Bottom