Mp3 program

Ankka

Deity
Yeah... I know this isn't really civ question... but as this is the only mac forum, I'll post it here ;).

I got a Creative MuVo [insert rest of name] as a present, which was quite a surprise.. and I have some CD's I'd like to get to listen with it.

Now I couldn't find out a way to get for instance iTunes or any other program on my iBook to rip off the files from CD's I own, and I couldn't find anything else than winamp clones for mac on google.

I have an old PC, which can do the job but is awfully slow... so I thought would there be a program that was safe and easy to use and would produce MP3 files or other file types I could listen to?

I hope this isn't under piracy, as I'm only gonna do this with CD's I own.

Mods, please note that comment. I am against software and music piracy. I just want to enjoy my new music player more easily than using a 5-year old PC...

Thanks.

I use iTunes for just that.
I pop in a cd, it appears in the iTunes source list to the left of the iTunes interface. I then click on the CD title and then the Import button to the top right. iTunes will copy and encode the files as MP3 or in various other formats depending on the import preferences you have set. An added benefit is that if you have internet access, when you insert the cd, iTunes will access the CDDB database and automatically find cd names, song titles and other information off the disk itself and insert that information into iTunes for you.

Looks like I have missed something... thanks a lot. I'll check it out. :)

That was just what I was looking for... I wonder how I have missed it? :hmm:

Top Bottom