MSMD: How to Create a Mod (video demo)

Here it is.

Oh, the colours are now right, aren't they?
Thought that was still a problem.

Any idea what the dimensions should be so the image isn't stretched?

I actually did not find the stretching to be a problem.

cool3a2 says the image should have a 4/3 ration.
Means you take the current width. You divide it by 4, multiply it by 3, and that result should be the height.
For a flag with the width of 128, this means 128/4 = 32, 32*3 = 96 height.
Since you cannot just cut parts of, it means you have to shrink the flag to a height of 96 pixels, and add white space above and below it til it has a height of 128.

Oh, the colours are now right, aren't they?
Thought that was still a problem.

I actually did not find the stretching to be a problem.

cool3a2 says the image should have a 4/3 ration.
Means you take the current width. You divide it by 4, multiply it by 3, and that result should be the height.
For a flag with the width of 128, this means 128/4 = 32, 32*3 = 96 height.
Since you cannot just cut parts of, it means you have to shrink the flag to a height of 96 pixels, and add white space above and below it til it has a height of 128.

EDIT: Fixed it. There is a bit of white space at the bottom of the flag, but the flag itself is perfectly fine.

Now...off to add diplomacy text!

Attachments

• Mod_Screen1.jpg
    Mod_Screen1.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 225
Ok, so I went and added my diplomacy text, but ingame when I first meet my new civ, the leader is "mute" and afterwards uses the generic leader font.

It looks like everything in the diplomacytext and diplomacydefines xml files is where it should be.

When I first load up the mod I get two error messages:

the first one says

"failed loading XML file xml\text\civ4diplomacyinfos.xml"

the next one says

"LoadXML call failed for xml\text\civ4\dilomacyinfos.xml.
Current XML file is xml\text\civ4homestucktext.xml."

Can anybody help me fix this?

I'd suggest that you redo it.
There are no indications what went wrong, but something obviously did. So besides parsing by hand/eye through the file, there's nothing what you can do (therefore my suggestion).

EDIT: Fixed it.

Now, I have a question, besides the diplomacy text, can I replace the generic text with trading, responses to requests (like the stuff they say when I declare peace at first contact, or when they want to trade with me/i want to trade with them?) and have a different text for each leader?

Attachments

• Homestuck.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 186
What I mean is the generic stuff EVERY leader says such as "Could you spare this for a good friend?" or like, "Let us sit in a circle and sing kumbaya to celebrate this occasion" and stuff like that.

Right now I am leaving it alone, but I wanted to know if I can mod the files so every leader says something different.

Also, I am kinda in a fix in terms of civ colors.

Barbarians by default are black.

However for my mod, I have Prospit and Derse as playable civs. Prospit is white, Derse is black.

And then I have the Midnight Crew as a playable civ, who are also black.

I mean, I can change the barbarians to a color that won't be used, as my mod will only have 25 playable civilizations.

So right now, I am not sure exactly what to do about the colors for MC and Derse.

Mainly because if Derse and MC were to be in the same game, one of them will have a different color totally, like orange or green or something. I just wnated to know if there is a list of viable colors to choose from, and maybe use a dark shade of black for midnight crew.

I am on the how to add text, and when I go into the assets for the main game, there is no text folder. I am not using beyond the sword, so could you do a tutorial on how to do it without beyond the sword?

I am on how to add text, and im not using beyond the sword, but when I go into assets there is no text folder. What should I do?

thought sumthin was wrong. didnt see my post. Sorry!

I know that. I am in C:program Files(x86)/Firaxis games/Civilization 4/Assets. All I see is Art, Python, res Sounds, Xml, and some .fpk files.

Thanks, I found it

...figure out how to do it. I have tried how you did it but I got the complete edition all in one disk and I have Vista. HELP!!! :confused::confused::confused:

Top Bottom