Mt kailash!!!!!!!!!

Ritzy Cat

Chieftain
Hello friends. So after the last few games I've played, I've noticed something very weird. I've been finding Mt. Kailash so often!!!!! Like in the first few turns, I've been finding ONLY that wonder... All the time.

Is there a reason for this, or some weird strain of chance?

I 'd go for weird strain of chance.

Hello friends. So after the last few games I've played, I've noticed something very weird. I've been finding Mt. Kailash so often!!!!! Like in the first few turns, I've been finding ONLY that wonder... All the time.

Is there a reason for this, or some weird strain of chance?

if we look at this code for Mt Kailash, you could see that OccurenceFrequency is set to 10(I think 11 is the highest and 1 is the lowest value) so it means that in most of your games there is a 80-90 % chance that mt. Kailash will be there. also discovering it on your first few turns would depend on what type of civ you play, maybe your palying as the Incas, Russia, Sweds or others civs that start on hills/tundra/mountainous part of map.

If you play as the Aztecs, Brazil and other civs who start at the jungle tile, there is the big chance that you would be the first to discover El dorado or FoY if ever that NW is present on the game.
or
If you play as Arabia, Ethiopia, Egypt, Babylon, Persia or other civs who start at desert there is a big chance that you might be the first to discover Barringer Crater, Mesa or Mt. Sinai if ever these wonders are in your game.

I just found Mt. Kailash in my current game, too. I'm guessing it's some kind of conspiracy.

oh the xml file is great. now anybody can set the el dorado occurence to 11. im not sure if this is cheating.

it's called modding. yes, making OP civs, units or other items is is kind of unsporting, but then you could always give those items to the AI for a challenge.
If you create another file and make it update the base game its modding. but if you just change the base game file thats cheating. :)

This is a good thread. I didn't realize that some wonders were rarer than others. Now it makes sense that I always see Mt. K or any of those other religious mountains more often than the other wonders.

Now I want to play a game again. Itching to find wonders.

but if you just change the base game file

it's also called modding. that is how you call any MODification to a game.
some games do not support mod folders, so the only way to mod is is to change the base game file.

it's also called modding. that is how you call any MODification to a game.
some games do not support mod folders, so the only way to mod is is to change the base game file.
then why Firaxis created ModBuddy?, for Modding right? They want you to create your own file, update the game And not Modify the base game itself. Lets say you Modify something in your base game, max XP from barbs, you got it unlimited. Then you play on Multiplayer, what do you think will happen? you got a super experience army with just barbs? while everyone else go to war and just have a level 4 armies.
If we do that its not Modding at all, its making a CIV5 version for your self. If people do that we already have 1,000,000 different CIV5 versions. And you would download 5gb. if you want to play another version. not cool. really not.
Anyway, Merry Christmas :)

then why Firaxis created ModBuddy?, for Modding right? They want you to create your own file, update the game And not Modify the base game itself. Lets say you Modify something in your base game, max XP from barbs, you got it unlimited. Then you play on Multiplayer, what do you think will happen? you got a super experience army with just barbs? while everyone else go to war and just have a level 4 armies.
If we do that its not Modding at all, its making a CIV5 version for your self. If people do that we already have 1,000,000 different CIV5 versions. And you would download 5gb. if you want to play another version. not cool. really not.
Anyway, Merry Christmas :)

Actually, you can not play Multiplayer games with modified files, because the game will detect a simple game version mismatch.

even Hotseat?

As somebody who actually HAS modified game core files for hotseat (increase in players mostly, then kind of changed certian aspects).. I don't actually know if it detects version mismatch that easily. But because of the idea that Hotseat games are shared between players, it might prove to be actually quite.. interesting .. thing.. I lost. my train of thought.. but yeah, I don't know about hotseat. I usually reset my settings when I no longer wish to play that particular game.

What if all players change the same file in the same way?

Then it wouldn't be "cheating", haha, because you'd all be on the same playing field. But yes, that should work, bit like how it works in Command & COnquer's Rules.ini thing, if you both have the same rules then you all play by the same rules.

Top Bottom