MTDG II: What Worked and What Didn't

CommandoBob

AbstractArt
Now that the dust has settled and the game is over, it is time to evaluate our experience.

What was good?

What was bad?

What was fun?

Was wasn't fun?

How did you stay involved in the game?

How did you lose interest in the game?

What was your team experience?

And anything else that you think of.

Feel free to discuss, well, whatever you think about the game, from big picture stuff (the map) down to items that seem minor and trival but affected how you reacted to the game.

I was astounded to see the sheer amount of ... well, panic in SABER regarding The Council's impending launch and FREE's lack of decisive action -- from the diplomacy, it felt a lot more like they were trying to bait FREE into pouring lots of resources into a war with the Council and then swoop in to pick up the pieces.

The map was a big shock. I don't know what I expected but five identical landmasses was not it. Now I know that was silly of me, but this was my first MTDG where I was there at the start of the game.

Of course the starting continents would be the same, unless everyone started on the same continent. Everyone needs to starts off equal and we had our own spot to ourselves; it just never occured to me that everyone would have a similar start. I truly expected to find two more continents with two civs on each.

I wasn't disappointed with the map; just shocked.

First MTDG game here. First ever PBEM actually. :blush:
Settings and map where great! :thumbsup:

Team and role play was also phantastic for me. We had a great team from start to end - well towards the end, motivation was drastically decreasing as were our chances to play actively.

Also the communication with other teams, the entusiasm and the effort to create great stories, treaties, plans were exciting.
It was so much different from my single player games and made this one an experience.

For some time we had felt like a big family, shared great moments of fun and fear. :love:
A great experience I'd rate as impressive as my early role playing games (D&D) back in the eighties...

I'd also like to thank my mom and my dad... :hammer2:
I love you all, guys! :high5: (Okay actually most of you. :p )

Top Bottom