MTDG3 Warmup Game 2 (w/Double Turn mod)

I thought that the point of playing a trial game with the mod was to test the mod. If you start the real game with a broken mod and only find out about it later ... what then? Can you change the mod while the game is in play? I know that you cannot do that with pbem ... can you with pitboss?

You need to take these questions to the main ISDG planning thread, and not here, as this is not the ISDG. :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=436398

Just registered.

Whats next? Do we choose civs or?

Give me an hour or two and you will be assigned a Random Civ etc. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The game is now up, I believe.

All the information you need should be in the first post. Pester me if I haven't given out enough info and I will keep you updated.

Make sure you claim the leader you have been assigned and not someone else's! :D

Turn timer is presently at 64 hours - will be reduced to 11 hours as soon as everyone has claimed their civ :)

Oh and to Manolo.. Since I had to remake the game, you'll have to add yourself to the list of admins again. I deleted the old game, as it only confused me to have two games in the admin panel when only one of them is in use. :)

On another note, this aptmod.com website is very confusing. Is there anything that explains what all the various buttons and things are for? I can't figure out most of what this website thing is supposed to be used for by the players.
Also, is there anything that shows the players logins similar to how civstats does?

I just tried connecting to the game and I was timed out. Is it working properly?

No, it is not as a matter of fact, and I am uncertain what the problem is. I cannot connect locally either. I suspect I've done a config error. Looking into it right now, and will get back to you asap.

Right. I may need some help here. There is absolutely no reason why it should not be working at the moment, and yet it doesn't. The internal firewall of the machine is turned off, so that's not an issue. I can connect to the regular PB game at port 2056. But I cannot connect to the one that I have defined (with altroot) to be at port 2058. Both of the PBs are actively running. The PB at port 2056 is saving it's savegames in the proper altroot-directory for that game. So everything LOOKS correct. Except, I cannot connect..

If someone knows more about this than I do, and perhaps know something about debugging the connection of the PB to ensure it is listening at the port I have asked it to, then please let me know. Skype/MSN or other IM would be best. I'll continue to look meanwhile.

Edit: Since I have enabled debug logging, there is a file called network-2058.txt in the log directory of the PB. It says this:
Spoiler :

[420816.612] DBG: Resetting the portal! (m_bConnectComplete=false)
[420818.437] DBG: Resetting the portal! (m_bConnectComplete=false)
[420818.687] WRN: Disconnecting from entire Peer Network!
[420824.459] WRN: Disconnecting from entire Peer Network!

When you launch a pitboss of a mod. this read civ.ini fton bts ditrectory. you must change the port there

Oh and to Manolo.. Since I had to remake the game, you'll have to add yourself to the list of admins again. I deleted the old game, as it only confused me to have two games in the admin panel when only one of them is in use. :)

cool! done! Im happy you manage to assing leaders.
by the way, the account aptmod2011@gmail.com its the sender acount of all email from the aptmod.com, please cheack its isnt in your spam folder...

On another note, this aptmod.com website is very confusing. Is there anything that explains what all the various buttons and things are for? I can't figure out most of what this website thing is supposed to be used for by the players.
Also, is there anything that shows the players logins similar to how civstats does?

ups. sorry to read that. I think things will be much more easy to understand ones you get your first turns running. Theres a "?" icon in each page, but unlucky for you it takes to a spanish forum at http://www.todocivilization.com/viewforum.php?f=37 where I had been trying to writing a a few help...
About the logins logs as civstats, theres is on, but its only accecible for the admin. This is to avoid, as civstats does, to guess hows hows getting its login hours. Also to avoid getting info of who exchanges techs with whom...
I will try to write something for help you

When you launch a pitboss of a mod. this read civ.ini fton bts ditrectory. you must change the port there

If that is the case, how can I run more than one Pitboss with mods? I thought the altroot parameter was meant to make the Pitboss read the ini-file from the altroot directory - and thus override the ini file in the BTS directory?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, Manolo! :) Works now, even though I have to edit that config file everytime I need to start the various PBs..

The game is now up and running, and I could connect. I got a CTD when connecting, but that was because I did not have the WebMod loaded on my Civ4 install. I doublechecked that I did not get a CTD with the mod loaded, so it looks good from my side now.

I'll comment more on the mod tomorrow - very tired now, so I need some sleep. :)

Interesting Leader/Civ picks the random generator did btw ... Someone might be crying :lol:

Added Civstats info in OP, and I see Dratboy has been able to connect, so everythings good then :D

I was able to log in (Van Oranje of Japan! lol) and did my first turn. everything seems to be working...

sorry to hear about the your .ini config woes. I always thought the altroot took care of that too, but I've never tried it with mods. It works for when you want to play different pitboss games. for instance, one altroot dir. saves an ip address for this web mod test, I've got another directory that saves a diff. ip for my other game.

also inky13112....

Caledorn, did you check the auditing page? you can see the logins and logouts

Top Bottom