[MULT] Pitboss Worldbuilding Challenge REBOOT: Discussion Thread

Hey question so I already played my turn for the day(at midnight), but I want to go back in game for a picture(for the story) but wen I connect it says "joining game in progress" & it kicks me out, does that mean I have to wait for tomorrow? Also when I write my story it has to be in the color I choose earlier correct? Thanks in advance :)

Also, I just wanted to ask, are we following any of sillsworths established rules for the original game, or just writing however we want? For example, sillsworth had planned at a certain time to explain our civs origins and name things. Are we just going to do all that independently and for our own civs respectively?

Hey question so I already played my turn for the day(at midnight), but I want to go back in game for a picture(for the story) but wen I connect it says "joining game in progress" & it kicks me out, does that mean I have to wait for tomorrow? Also when I write my story it has to be in the color I choose earlier correct? Thanks in advance :)

I've joined about 5 times in the past day to see if everyone had progressed their turn and went in fine, so don't think that's the issue.

When I joined the third time the game finally worked out all the kinks in my civs color. But it still shows my icon on the player box at the bottom as the Mayans icon(or someones).

Yeah Silverman you should be able to log on as much as you want. Please do use the color you chose, and remember to head your post with a title and your username in parentheses.

@Heerlo: I think it should just be pretty free form. If you guys want to set rules that's fine, but I think you should write whatever you're inspired to write.

For the naming of things, first come first served. You can name every mountain if you find them first and you choose to. If there is any overlap ( two people name the same thing) it is always the first to find it, or we vote on which name we all like. Then you can just retroactively edit the names if they need changed.

K, sounds good to me. :)

I'm in the game and I just saw you try to join, Silverman. It says you're joining and then it says you disconnected.

Yeah I think I'll try abit later & see if my computer won't derp kick me :D

EDIT: ok it worked and I wrote my story!

Also, I just wanted to ask, are we following any of sillsworths established rules for the original game, or just writing however we want? For example, sillsworth had planned at a certain time to explain our civs origins and name things. Are we just going to do all that independently and for our own civs respectively?

@Heerlo: I think it should just be pretty free form. If you guys want to set rules that's fine, but I think you should write whatever you're inspired to write.

For the naming of things, first come first served. You can name every mountain if you find them first and you choose to. If there is any overlap ( two people name the same thing) it is always the first to find it, or we vote on which name we all like. Then you can just retroactively edit the names if they need changed.

I would say that we should wait a while on explaining our Civs' origins until we have more of the map discovered, but as far as naming things go I see no special reason to wait - though if different nations name the same thing differently it might be cool to NOT adopt a single name and instead make it so that one nation and its friends/culturally related nations use one name and the other nation and its friends/culturally related nations use the other. Just a thought.
Also, let's not try to make up languages this time; let's use essentially modern languages with perhaps a few minor tweaks.

I would say that we should wait a while on explaining our Civs' origins until we have more of the map discovered, but as far as naming things go I see no special reason to wait - though if different nations name the same thing differently it might be cool to NOT adopt a single name and instead make it so that one nation and its friends/culturally related nations use one name and the other nation and its friends/culturally related nations use the other. Just a thought.

I like that idea. It would be neat to interlink certain civs into somewhat of the same story as to their origins.

Sillsworth also mentioned something about their being a place where all the civs came from, such as a fertile crescent or something. We should probably think about that, too.

Umm oops. Wish yall said that before I wrote :p

I had thought of the different names thing but thought better not so as not to be confusing. But if other people like the idea, we can always put a glossary at the end of the table of contents post to explain all the names that are for the same thing.

I think you are ok Silverman. Like I said, it should be freeform. No need to restrict yourself based on what everyone else is doing. I wrote about the origins of my civilization for the firs post as well.

@Silverman - no reason to have every Civ have similar origin stories! Some variation makes for much more interest. Also, your story in the other thread is off to a great start.

@cpm4001 thanks :) I'm sure yours will be better though
@dot80 nice update

Great first parts, you two. I'm hoping to have mine up tonight or tomorrow.

trying to upload my pics. anyone know how?

Best bet is to get an account on Imgur and upload them there, then link to them in your posts (once you have a photo uploaded, you can click on it and you'll be able to copy+paste the link and the needed BB Code directly into the forum post.) That way you're not hampered by the 3-photo-per-post limit if you tried to upload them directly to CivFanatics.

My first part is up, and I want to say thanks to dot80 for doing the picture of my capital for me. :goodjob:

My first part is up, and I want to say thanks to dot80 for doing the picture of my capital for me. :goodjob:

Speaking of, how do you take pictures like that, of the capital I mean? Also nice update :goodjob:

Top Bottom