Multi-Internet Crash

vincenzo7

Chieftain
once logged into gamespy, i get to the internet lobby, start browsing through available games, and randomly the game just literally disappears. brings me right back to the desktop with no signs of the game ever being started.

Just posting to say I have the same issue. The crashing to desktop that is, not the gamespy causing reboots. It does however occasionally work in windowed mode, but will all ways crash in full screen. The game just seems to run over all better in windowed mode which is really wierd.

And yeah, filtering would be nice. I don't need to see 10000000 locked games which is probally why gamespy is crashing civ4.

the patch better fix this problem. It is so annoying, I have to rush to find game before it crashes. Yesterday I finally got playing and everything was fine until 50 minutes into the game and it crashes =( and I was just starting to mass my armies to begin a world wide slaughter

right now, I'm unable to log onto gamespy.

If I try to log on using my account, my computer freezes up (I have to cold boot then). If I try to creat a new account it says the login failed. I've never had a problem before, and I was wondering if anyone else is seing thies.

Yah common problem, me and my mate both have the same thing, doing a direct ip connection seems to work ok tho.

Same Here, I have only once been able to play an online game, and then it just quits after I log in.

They will be a patch soon that addresses the lobby problems. Although in the mean time some people are helped by running in windowed mode. Go into your ini and set "fullscreen=0". The bug in the lobby causing the game list instability and the random CTD has been addressed and is just waiting for the official patch. You can still use the list just filter it by game name and the click on the list and use your arrow keys not your mouse. Firaxis is aware of these problems and will be responsive to the MP community.

CS

I just started having this problem today, where the game completely shuts down and I am sent to the desktop after sitting in the Lobby for about 10 seconds. VERY FRUSTRATING! :mad:

Top Bottom