Multiplayer gripes

Beastfeast

Chieftain
1. No plays hybrid. Ever! I'd love to play but everyone hates it even though its much fairer and avoids 'click first to win.' I hated this the most about civ 4, lack of strategy, it was more about clicking to annihilate the enemy stack first.
2. Multiplayer hardly ever seems to work- errors and glitches stop me from hosting and joining games. There's nothing wrong with my PC as far as I know.
3. General impoliteness from some other players. Maybe people are waiting for the game to be patched into a more playable condition?

I can see a lot of potential in the BNW expansion and i really like the new features, but there's also far too many bugs for a new release game. A result of a fall in industry standards in general, but not something that Firaxis should allow as an acceptable standard in my opinion.

At least make a hotfix to fix these issues..

I'm with you, brother. I was hoping that BNW would fix all of the multiplayer problems, but I guess we were being too optimistic.

They did make it so that the turn timer scales with era - so you aren't stuck with 30 second turns all day.

The reason that no one choses Hybrid is that it takes FOREVER - the coding is awful and it takes the game forever to process each player's turns. The devs really need to get to fixing the new issues, as well as the constant problem of drops, freezes, and numerous other problems plaguing multiplayer. I mean seriously, even Civ 4 didn't have as many problems in their multiplayer.

The only thing we can hope for is that the fixes aren't "finalized".. my favourite duo of developers (Ed and Dennis) did say that more is to hopefully come in Fall Patch.

Although not really MP, my only hope is they make interhuman diplomacy an actual thing instead of "here's a trade"... I do think denoucements have sense, AI reacts to it, that is, once they actually develop MP AI.

I'm with you, brother. I was hoping that BNW would fix all of the multiplayer problems, but I guess we were being too optimistic.

They did make it so that the turn timer scales with era - so you aren't stuck with 30 second turns all day.

The reason that no one choses Hybrid is that it takes FOREVER - the coding is awful and it takes the game forever to process each player's turns. The devs really need to get to fixing the new issues, as well as the constant problem of drops, freezes, and numerous other problems plaguing multiplayer. I mean seriously, even Civ 4 didn't have as many problems in their multiplayer.

I wish I made to the point when loading times are a burden. My record, without being disconnected, is 20ish turns

Personally i find MP working better now. I only play with people i know (currently in a 6p FFA). Our first game we did hybrid, but the sequential turns were really killing the gamespeed, especially in a 3 way war. So we switched back to simultaneous.

The Out of Sync reloading is better now, and people can rejoin an existing game now without it going haywire (we used to go back to staging room). Lag seems to be stable and small for us, and the lag we have are under-par computers and such. The only "gripe" i have is the wait time at the start of turn cause the computer is parsing the AI and such. But i think that can't really be helped code-wise.....

Top Bottom