Multiplayer - Let's get pumped for BNW

Moroten

Chieftain
Hey.

Me and my friends got a renewed interest in Civ V with the announcement of BNW. 2 of us, however, want to wait to play multiplayer untill the expansion is released. Leaving three of us looking for more players.

We are from sweden but can handle english. We are around the age of 27-29(man we are growing old). We are very flexible when it comes to finding time to play and we play in a chill enviroment using skype, it never gets heated or such.

We do consider us skilled, but what do we know, we hardly face anyone else.

We got a game starting tomorrow, tag along if you like. Just give me your steam account here or PM me and I shall add you on steam.

/Moroten

A new expansion set! I am pumped for evern more out of balance multi-player game elements!:p

To be fair, they have an actual team dedicated to multiplayer this time around (the first time so far for Civ V) and say they're actually going to deliver Pitboss, which should do wonders for the multiplayer community.

Just a shame they didn't release it with Vanilla like it was supposed to be -- I wonder perhaps if it's a case of too little too late.

Hi guys. I m also from Sweden, and growing even older than you guys ... 32.
I d love to play some day. I also have a 50 slot teamspeakserver we can use since I use my skype work related i m kind of separating gaming contacts from work and family and such. But send me a PM on this forum and ill provide u with my steamname and acces to my teamspeak if you like.

regards

as far as i see the mp crew now put most of their time to please the few TURN BASED screamers instead of really working on the game and stability codes ..

like no1 got even the patience to end a 4 -6 hour game and now they put majority of effort to offer a 20 hour game? Honestly?

as far as i see the mp crew now put most of their time to please the few TURN BASED screamers instead of really working on the game and stability codes ..

like no1 got even the patience to end a 4 -6 hour game and now they put majority of effort to offer a 20 hour game? Honestly?

You can't compare online and gmr games. Honestly.

But we can always hope for better stability :

In case no one in here has been watching the BNW coverage::

MP finally has a 'team' working on it.

Everything being done MP wise for BNW will be back ported to G&K and vanilla.

Turnbased MP
Hybrid mode (simultaneous turns until someone is at war, then shifts to turn based)
Observer mode
PitBoss
etc

Honestly, the game engine is god damn awful and have to be fixed in some way.

My laptop can handle SC2:HOTS 8men multiplayer game totally fine, but I have to buy TOP PC and best available internet connection to play freaking turn-based game.

Shift click + power PC fast clicking abuse make multiplayer unplayable for 80% of users.

It makes no sense to play the game if a player with half of your army and half of your production is able to wipe your army in defensive position or to capture your city.

Although having played hundreds of single player hours I still wasn't ever able to finish a multiplayer game because of stability issues. I hope that BNV will finally fix this and give this game the multiplayer mode a game of this magnitude deserves.
Right now the multiplayer mode is just NOT WORKING.

I am happy that you guys found something to talk about, but do you really have to do it in this thread which has nothing to do with your topic of discussion?

Burn!

On topic, are you playing next weekend? I can try and work in some time and join. We still playing like last time? Slow paced over multiple sessions or faster with fewer/one session?

Burn!

On topic, are you playing next weekend? I can try and work in some time and join. We still playing like last time? Slow paced over multiple sessions or faster with fewer/one session?

Still playing slow paced over multiple sessions, so you actually have time to use your troops.

We will have a game up this weekend unless something unforseen happens. Would be great if you joined us Foffaren!

Don't you ever get tired of belittling people who like the turn based style? There are many, though not all "scream" about it as you put it.

At least you admit you are impatient, which gives insight to me for your position.

Still playing slow paced over multiple sessions, so you actually have time to use your troops.

We will have a game up this weekend unless something unforseen happens. Would be great if you joined us Foffaren!

I too would be interested to play in this game next time around.

Don't you ever get tired of belittling people who like the turn based style? There are many, though not all "scream" about it as you put it.

At least you admit you are impatient, which gives insight to me for your position.

some reading comprehension when reading? and posting on forums d be helpful even for obvious nonnative speakers ..

and when the only news about bnw is that it offer observermode and turn based - players are disappointed - dont see anything wrong with that ..

as said what does it help when u can now setup a cool 6 man ffa TURN BASED which needs 15 hours to end when after 20 min some1 got a disconect?

and when the only news about bnw is that it offer observermode and turn based - players are disappointed - dont see anything wrong with that ..

as said what does it help when u can now setup a cool 6 man ffa TURN BASED which needs 15 hours to end when after 20 min some1 got a disconect?

Nothing wrong with that of course. I am only against belittling turn based style.

And in the past you have pointed out how, "its not like a person who hasn't developed his Civ well can somehow magically win by being a faster clicker"
It is a good point.

And you said somewhere you are not the fastest clicker, but because your Civ is strong it does not cost you the game.
Good point too.

Turned based play is a style which many enjoy. It has its better, more experienced players who are tough to beat, just as in Simu. And it should be respected as such.

Sprinters are not long distance, but both are runners.

And poor sports, who give any game style a bad name need to work on their game instead of blaming!
~as you have several times pointed out and I agree.

Turned based play is a style which many enjoy. It has its better, more experienced players who are tough to beat, just as in Simu. And it should be respected as such.

funny that u know that people enjoy something before they even are able to test it ..
Even more funny that u know skills from people of something which doesnt even exist.

In civ4 there was turn based mp mode from start and like no1 played it - for simple and obvious reasons.
There been very few how played turn based duels - but thats been a totaly different folk as the turn based screamers in this forum.

People want play mp same way as they play singleplayer - but turn based doesnt make mp = sp. there is no dumb ai to abuse - they still get raped from better players and still quit. And when 90% of people arent even able to end 4 hour games how u think they are able to end 15 hour games?

My first Multi Player Civ game was Civ II Gold.

I am fluent in all the Civilization games including Civ IV, since the floppy disk Civ which at the time was not Civ I cuz it was just Civ. So what? But my point is valid, not "funny" really

Civilization Call to Power by Activision was a cool version of Civ.

At some point Simultaneous turns was an option in a patch or one of the later versions of Civ II MP

So when you say:
"funny that u know that people enjoy something before they even are able to test it ..
Even more funny that u know skills from people of something which doesnt even exist."

Can you see why you miss my valid point?

I have played both turn and Simu enough to know which I prefer.

I do not belittle the other versions or ways of playing Civ.

If you or others belittle or trash turn based, I am not happy. If you or others do not, I am happy. No one cares but that is just me.

You seem to call this "funny" perhaps cuz you don't understand what was being said.

I hope this clears it up, Otherwise I have a lot to learn about what I thought I have been playing for 20 years or better. And now I see Civ VI is due in 2015!

MP = Turn based or Simu based. The MP stands for multiple (human) players by the way...
SP = play the Ai Turn based or Simu based if that was an option. (it could become one)

Don't play with non committed quitter type players whether turn or simu. As you say it is frusterating, that and poor sportsmanship.

There is a saying which I see to be somewhat true: 90% of fishermen catch 10% of fish. 10% of fishermen catch 90% of fish.

So? Play with the 10% Same for fishing.

Top Bottom