Multiplayer preview (Kotaku, September, 10th)

Yeah, but I like the cloud better :)

Was a very interesting read. I'm very happy you can play turn by turn and it seems like the autosave and all setting will mean that, at least, playing with friend should be very enjoyable.

I will likely be forced to play on the absolute lowest settings

EDIT: the minimap still looks terrible to me.

Clearly the multiplayer embargo has been lifted because look at all these articles that dropped at once! We live in interesting times :goodjob:

Being able to queue production, gold/culture expenses and other stuff while other player are making there turn should realy help making the turn quicker while keeping the real Civ feeling of combat without having to click before the other player to go get a ruin or specific tile.

Clearly the multiplayer embargo has been lifted because look at all these articles that dropped at once! We live in interesting times :goodjob:

Yes but all the MP reviews to date are pretty much useless to any current MP player. The mag reviewers are not MP players and don't know what to report on. They are basically playing the game like last months SP review that they did...

I am hoping they get better....

CS

Yeah I thought so also, not the greatest but still, a little better than "ooh organic! This is so awesome!"
Welcome to the forums destructobunny!

I think the simplified fog of war is weird. It looks good, but it matches none of the other aesthetic elements on the screen, at all.

I kind of feel the same way about the clouds though.

I'd have been fine with the Civ 4 style flat blackout for the low graphics mode.

In the first screenshot on the page there is 151 inside a circle at the bottom of the screen. What is that?

Turn timer?

You know, that fog of war actually looks kinda cool. It fits with the art deco theme of the UI even in a way. I will max the graphics settings when I play but even on low the game looks pretty nice.

If you actually had a look at the turn timer, which is top right, you'd see that it says 212, not 151.

The turn timer is not the same as the turn number. The turn timer tells you how many seconds you got left till the turn finishes.

So the screenshot is showing 151 seconds left on turn 212.

Just to be clear though, some of these previews make it sound like everyone gets a turn. This is not true, multi works with simu-turns only at the moment.

Top Bottom