Multiplayer Q&A

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This thread is for questions & answers about Mutliplayer (when it comes) ;)

Will u be allowed to go on with a friend say for example I had a friend in this forum ( which I dont :( ) and say 1 builds an massive army while 1 goes cultural and scientific. Therefore allowing to guard each other and update the army?

Originally posted by Sgt.Hellfish
Will u be allowed to go on with a friend say for example I had a friend in this forum ( which I dont :( ) and say 1 builds an massive army while 1 goes cultural and scientific. Therefore allowing to guard each other and update the army?

Of course. This is probably going to be very common, with teams that help each other out. For example, everyone could research a different tech, so they all trade together. Some people may look down on this, so it will probably be up to the host.

CG

Since I've seen this question asked 3 times in the last week at both Poly and here, PBEM means 'Play By E-Mail', which is a multi-player civ game that you take turns playing, then email the game to the other people you're playing with when you finish a turn.

so basically after each turn you'll have to e-mail the savegame and after you get it back you overwrite it and make another turn? It must take a year till you finish... and... how do you see the animations that other players performed? ie. you receive a save where suddenly all your cities are captured and you didn't see the fights and how it happened. ???

This is probably a silly question, but will the multiplayer pack be sufficient to run the game, or will I have to buy the game too?

Double check the chat logs, but I'm pretty sure you need to own the game as well as the expansion.

I beleive that you have to have Civilization 3 and the PTW expansion pack to be able to play (legally ;))

I bought CIV III when it came out, but got rid of it when I started seeing nothing but civ dreams at night. Now I feel the call of civ once again... One disk to rule them all...
... anyhoo, anyone know if they going to come out with a MP version of the basic game, or am I going to have to pay $80 and get both?

Question (probably stupid) : Will more than one player be allowed to use the same civ (i.e. two people opt to select Persia). I'm guessing no, but I haven't seen this answered anywhere.

Thanks -

Originally posted by DukEngnr
Question (probably stupid) : Will more than one player be allowed to use the same civ (i.e. two people opt to select Persia). I'm guessing no, but I haven't seen this answered anywhere.

Thanks -

No.

If this question has not already been asked:

How are you supposed to finish games, unless they are really short. I doubt people will want to spend ten hours straight in order to do so.... :sleep: Will some kind of system for saving games be availible?

Is MP viable for someone still using a 56k?

Are there other upgrades in the expansion pack besides MP that would make it worth the money to buy PTW?

Originally posted by PreTzeL_22
Will some kind of system for saving games be availible?

Yes, save games are available.

AFAIK?

Top Bottom