Multiplayer question

You are correct, you can use modified XML files in multiplayer if all players have it. I'm not completely certain if ALL of the XML files will work when modified, but most of them have in my experience.

You probably did not get an immediate answer because most of us modders do not do MP much and most of us would rather not make responses unless we've tested "X" and know it to work or believe with high confidence that it works.

Huh, that makes sense. Thank you for reply as well LeeS. I've never played multiplayer myself, but I figured some people might want to, but I'm not sure how it works.

But I'm happy to say I think I've found a better way to do it. When I started making the mod I made tons of changes directly to my XML files, planning to let players copy my XML files from the mod over their XML's. But it looks like there are just too many issues doing that. I didn't want to go and make a standard mod considering all the changes I'd made, but a few days back I downloaded a program that will compare the text from two files. It's let me find all the changes I made really easily, so it looks like my mod is back on track! I'm hoping it will even let me do a few things I didn't think I was able to do before.

Top Bottom