Multiplayer Religion Bugged?

FruityDrongo

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

Firstly, thank you to the developers for creating such a fantastic mod - my mate and I have been having an absolute blast playing a co-op gigantic earth map. Unfortunately we have run into some problems and were wondering if anyone else has encountered similar issues and found ways to fix them.

We got up to turn 800 on marathon in a direct IP game on revision 1091 using the Steam version of Beyond the Sword and the AND2-GEM-26CivsPreset scenario, but started to encounter some bugs and errors as soon as the game started. Many of the wonders associated with religion had several modifiers labelled '- Spreads' with no additional text (a bit hard to explain but I will attatch an image). At turn 5 there were several messages about something being founded but was, like the wonders, not specified (second image).

By the time major religions were being founded they seemed to be wiped/changed and reset every single reload of the game. There were messages about pre-existing religions being founded and the icons on the cities began to bug out, sometimes displaying ones that weren't even associated with any religions. It was around this time that we started to get some major OOS issues, which only got worse as the game continued. These religions when founded did not give any buildings (I could not construct Asatru Monasteries or Gothis) but sometimes they would appear on reload, or other religion buildings like Shinto, but building these would crash the game to desktop with no error message.

Loading in would give multiple non-fatal load errors, through several dialogue boxes that would have to be dismissed. We continued this game anyway since it didn't seem to affect anything outside of religion but I suspect the later turns instability was caused by these errors.

We tried older revisions (such as 1087), using the non-SVN installs and .exes, using the Steam beta (and not using it), doing fresh installs, using hotseat, and having a different host, but it seems like the errors persist regardless.

If anyone has encountered these errors or has an idea of a potential fix then assistance would be much appreciated. We adore the mod and are excited to jump back into it. We are trying it again through a hotseat and Parsec and will update this thread if we encounter these issues again or any new ones.

ROM AND Bugged Wonder.png

ROM Turn 5 Founding.png

Top Bottom