[BNW] Multiple Leaders Per Civ in Modpack?

DoodlesTheDragon

Chieftain
I've made a modpack which has added Britain into the game. As seeing Britain and England in the same game would be weird to me, I'm wondering-is there a way to make it so that only one of the 2 will show up in a multiplayer game without deleting the other one from the game itself?

I'm aware of Really Advanced Setup and it's Group Addon. Unfortunately it does not work for multiplayer in a modpack.

If all else fails I can set it so that England or Britain are removed from the game. Alternatively I can create 2 modpacks, one with England and one with Britain. But switching those out from time to time would be tedious since everyone else I play with would have to change too, and I'd like to avoid both of these outcomes if possible.

Nevermind, I no longer need an answer for this(an answer would still be appreciated though). The problem has been solved, though not in the way I wanted it to be.

But for anyone who does want advice on having multiple leaders for a single country in a multiplayer modpack and making sure that the same country doesn't appear several times, there are options-though each has a cost.

1) Create multiple modpacks each with a single leader from every country, as mentioned above. Problem is that you will have to change the pack every time you want different sets of leaders.

2) Choose all AI civs when starting a new game. This will prevent a second leader from the same country showing up, obviously. Problem is you will know everyone who's in the game already, and that'll take away from the exploration aspect.

3) Set any civ with more than 1 leader to not be AI Playable. This will make it so that the only way 2 leaders from the same country could show up is by 2 or more human players selecting those leaders. Problem is, this will decrease the amount of AI civs you can come across in the game, and you might miss not being able to see certain leaders show up as AI.

4) Not really a solution, but basically just ignore trying to fix the problem, and hope that more than one leader does not show up. Problem is... they could still show up. This works better the less alternate leaders you have. This is what I went with since my friends don't mind 2 or more of the same civ showing up, thus I've decided to get over it and go with this option.

And if you want to more easily distinguish between leaders from the same country in game, you can enter the code of their mods and slightly change the text names they have. For Russia for example, "Rossiya", "Ruthenia", "The Russians", etc. That way if two Russias appear in game, you can distinguish between the two more easily, one being Russia and the other being Ruthenia. Though, you could instead just distinguish using the leader names. If seeing two countries named 'Russia' will irk you though, this at least lets you pretend they're two different countries.

Top Bottom