Multiple pitboss servers on one PC

DarkLunaPhantom

Prince
Supporter
Is there a way to do this? I've searched the forum but found only similar questions and no answers. My problem is that I don't know how exactly to point different pitboss executables to different ini files so that they can have different ports, so that you can choose which one to log into.

I do not know why you can not find the answer in other threads about this topic but the solution is the usage of the /ALTROOT parameter.

Some more Hints:
• Backup your 'MyGames/BTS'-folder before you experiment with the /ALTROOT-Argument :)
• Use the modified hosts.txt to fix the Gamespy-Issues. (I assume You probably know this…)

I do not know why you can not find the answer in other threads about this topic but the solution is the usage of the /ALTROOT parameter.

Some more Hints:
• Backup your 'MyGames/BTS'-folder before you experiment with the /ALTROOT-Argument :)
• Use the modified hosts.txt to fix the Gamespy-Issues. (I assume You probably know this…)

I'm also trying to do this, and I'm finding it more tricky than I first expected. Is there a step by step guide for this somewhere? I couldn't find one on the top 50 threads here.
I don't know how to use the altroot argument, I'm guessing that it involves adding altroot something something to the C4Btspitboss.exe launch parameters, but I haven't found that either. Currently the information on this is quite fragmented. Any chance of a "newbies guide" to pitboss?

Hey Lz, long time no see - glad to see you, where have you been?

I'm also trying to do this, and I'm finding it more tricky than I first expected. Is there a step by step guide for this somewhere? I couldn't find one on the top 50 threads here.
I don't know how to use the altroot argument, I'm guessing that it involves adding altroot something something to the C4Btspitboss.exe launch parameters, but I haven't found that either. Currently the information on this is quite fragmented. Any chance of a "newbies guide" to pitboss?

Hi, I've simplified my startup script. Look at the end of the code to get the desired information about the syntax. :) Please note that clicking through the Wizard-Pages of the PB Setup produces a long timeout. Thus, it requires some patience if you has not already fixes this issue. (Search for gamespy bugfix to get information about this topic. One solution is the usage of this hosts file.)
You could use the script for your startups, if you alter the two paths at the head. I hope, you know how to use Batch-Scripts.

PHP:
 SET ALTROOT=C:\PBs\PB1
 SET CIV4BTS_PATH=C:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\
 SET MODNAME=YOURMOD

rem Use new exe if possible
 SET CIV4BTS_EXE=%CIV4BTS_PATH%\Civ4BeyondSword_PitBoss2014.exe
 IF not exist "%CIV4BTS_EXE%" (
   SET CIV4BTS_EXE=%CIV4BTS_PATH%\Civ4BeyondSword_PitBoss.exe
 )
 IF not exist "%CIV4BTS_EXE%" (
   echo.Exe not found. Is the Path %CIV4BTS_PATH% correct?
   goto exit
 )

"%CIV4BTS_EXE%" mod= "%MODNAME%"\" /ALTROOT=%ALTROOT%
 :exit

Your comment about the fragmented information is correct. I does not know a site with a compact overview with all characteristics and issues of the PB Server.
I know, it's difficult for newbies to handle all issues and the shutdown of gamespy worsen the situation. :-(

I've created an incomplete overview on http://civ-wiki.de/wiki/Pitboss_(Civ4), but it's written in German. The installation description of my Pitboss Mod https://github.com/YggdrasiI/PBStats
contains some general information, too.

The good point is (and thats the difference between the Civ4 Pitboss Server and the Civ5 Pitboss Server…), that most problems could be solved by expired users.
In example, after a long journey I finally administrates a game on a linux machine completely over ssh :D

Regards Ramkhamhaeng

Top Bottom