Multiple Production Mod

I don't know if anyone's still watching this thread, but...

I'm have no idea how to compile dll's and such, so my modding is limited to the text-based XML and Python files. Anything requiring compilation is beyond my current capabilities. So, I just have one question: Can this be used with Rhye's SP and MP without extracting, merging and then recompiling?

Also, I've made my own changes to certain text files (such as the buildinginfos.xml). I want to keep my changes while including the ones in this particular mod (of course). Are your changes marked for easy spotting, or will I have to painstakingly go through line by line?

Thanks!

Mike

I don't know if anyone's still watching this thread, but...

I'm have no idea how to compile dll's and such, so my modding is limited to the text-based XML and Python files. Anything requiring compilation is beyond my current capabilities. So, I just have one question: Can this be used with Rhye's SP and MP without extracting, merging and then recompiling?
No. The included files in the mod are .cpp and .h files, which means they must be compiled into the dll for them to work.

Well, okay then! It's time for me to expand my modding capabilities. I'd REALLY love to add this and that multiple research to Rhye's.

Thanks!

No. The included files in the mod are .cpp and .h files, which means they must be compiled into the dll for them to work.

Okay,, I expanded my modding capabilities and now know how to compile the DLL. Ran into a problem, though, so hopefully someone can help. I can't seem to get this mod merged with RevolutionDCM. Has anyone done this successfully? If so, how?

His post was not in reference to the Multiple Production mod, but his own similar Multiple Research code, which he posted in this thread (in uncompiled form, for other modders).

I have isolated the code, compiled it and put it into mod form. I haven't released it yet, but plan to.

Awesome Modcomp, denev! :goodjob: I added this to my mod and am really enjoying it! Thanks for sharing it!

Hi

I was directed to this thread, since it mods the game in one of the ways I really want. However, I can't figure out how or where to install the mod.

Depending on where I put the files, there either seems to be no effect (I use the Editor to increase size of my city, in a newly started game, and add Bronze Mine ressources, then see if I can produce more than one Warrior per turn), or else the game shows me a big blank window named "science advisor". Once I click away that window there is no game control interface, only the in-world visuals, and I have to press Esc to bring up the control window so I can exit to game menu.

How do I even know if I have successfully installed this mod? How does it tell me that it is present in the game? Having to set up a test scenario with the Editor seems assbackwards.

And is there an automatic Installer for it?

This is the first mod ever that I'm trying to install, and I find the complete lack of instructions very discouraging. I'm running BtS 3.19 with the BUG 4.4 mod on top.

This link should help explain how to do this.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138043
The files you need out of this are located in the Assets folder, ignore the cpp and h files, those are the source files for compiling the dll.

Are you running BUG as a mod or is it in custom assets? If its a mod there should be a folder for it in your BTS directory under mods.
If there is not you will have to install it in a mod folder and load it in game.
Let me know if this help, this is one of my favorite modcomps

Which Assets folder? My Firaxis/Civ4 folder has multiple Assets folders, which is quite bewildering...

I also don't know how I'm running BUG, if it is as a mod or in custom assets. When I installed it maybe 2 years ago, it created a launch icon in my Windows XP Start menu, which I moved out onto the Windows desktop, and evenually into my "Games Launcher" folder. Whenever I clicked on that icon, Civ4 would load with BUG 4.2 automatically enabled. Recently I tried to upgrade to BUG 4.4. That createda new start menu entry and icon, which I moved to the desktop, but when I clicked it, I just got an error message and civ4 did not launch. Eventually I tried to click the old icon to lauch BUG 4.2, and that did launch civ4 with somekind of BUG mod, and with some effort (notice the problem here? Civ4 does not tell me which mods or which versions of mods are enabled) I was eventually able to determine that it was running BUG 4.4 (in the BUG control menu, brought up IIRC with Ctrl+Alt+O or Ctrl+Shift+O or something).

So you tell me whether this counts as "a mod" or as "in custom assets". Because I really don't understand the folder structure, or how mods work. Compared to civ4, modding Morrowind is absurdly easy (the only problem is, there is a dozen mods needed to make Morrowind worthwhile, and I'm not experienced enough that I can skip testing the mods one at a time to verify that Morrowind still works, before I add the next mod).

Ok, lets take it slow.
The bug 4.4 installer gives you a few options when you install, either as a mod or in custom assets. It sounds like you did it as a mod. when you load civ, it should tell you if you are running a mod, look in the upper right hand corner of the main menu. Check my screenshot, see the LoR? Thats the mod im running. Also, on the main menu, go to Advanced, Load a mod, and see if bug is listed there. If it is, its a mod.

For Civ4, you can only have 1 mod running at a time. If BUG is your mod, we have to add this mod to that one. If BUG is a custom asset we have to install this mod so you can run it. The folder structure should look something like this
\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods
(im guessing a little here because i have the steam version, and its folders are slightly different).
The second pic is of the inside of the BTS mods folder, yours should be similar, sans LoR and K-mod. If there is a folder named BUG in there, its a mod.

Let me know if this makes sense or if i need to go into some more detail.
Compared to Morrowind it can be more of a hassle, but the power granted to the modder much greater, for much less work. It just takes a little bit of learin' to make it work. If you dont want to mess with this stuff, there are a few mods that have installers. LoR and AND are the first to come to mind, but im pretty sure there are others.

Attachments

• Main menu.jpg
    Main menu.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 175
  • mods folder.jpg
    mods folder.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 185
Hi, as a complete n00b when it comes to modding of most sorts, I was wondering if anyone could help me;

Does this mod have to be standalone, or can it be merged with other mods? Specifically, could I merge it with FFH2? Easily mind you!

Like I said, I know very little about modding so any suggestions welcome!

Cheers

Can it be merged...probably
Could you do it easily into FFH2...having to ask the question means that its probably not going to be a 5 min task for you. Don't let that put you off though.

It requires that you can compile a new custom dll. There is a tutorial here on how to do this. If you plan on going down this route I would suggest you start by getting the unchanged dll compiled and working first before you start trying to merge other mods in.

Hi there, I am trying to merge this with K-mod, when i compile the dll I get this error message:
Spoiler :

1>CvCity.cpp
1>CvCity.cpp(13142) : error C2374: 'iUnlimitedOverflow' : redefinition; multiple initialization
1> CvCity.cpp(12995) : see declaration of 'iUnlimitedOverflow'
1>CvCity.cpp(13144) : error C2374: 'iMaxOverflow' : redefinition; multiple initialization
1> CvCity.cpp(12997) : see declaration of 'iMaxOverflow'
1>CvCity.cpp(13149) : error C2374: 'iLostProduction' : redefinition; multiple initialization
1> CvCity.cpp(13002) : see declaration of 'iLostProduction'
1>CvCity.cpp(13149) : error C3861: 'iUnlimitedOverflow': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13149) : error C3861: 'iMaxOverflow': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13150) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'int'
1>CvCity.cpp(13150) : error C3861: 'iLostProduction': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13151) : error C3861: 'iLostProduction': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13152) : error C2374: 'iOverflow' : redefinition; multiple initialization
1> CvCity.cpp(13005) : see declaration of 'iOverflow'
1>CvCity.cpp(13152) : error C3861: 'iMaxOverflow': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13152) : error C3861: 'iUnlimitedOverflow': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13154) : error C3861: 'iOverflow': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13156) : error C3861: 'iOverflow': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13170) : error C3861: 'iLostProduction': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13171) : error C3861: 'iLostProduction': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvCity.cpp(13173) : error C3861: 'iLostProduction': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup

Now as i look at it I think it could either be I have missed something out of the code somewhere (but I have checked a couple times)
Or
It could be that K-mod using some sort of different definitions to this and so the two are not playing well together.
If someone with a head for the code could have a look, as you may see the key that i need where i don't.
Cheers Guys

hi again,

ok look at cvcity - line 10938 in mp - in mydll - u disabled it so- try to move it between lines 13104 and 13103.

see if that helps.

not sure.

thats what i saw in a fast look - kmod removed some parts thats needed.

also see in the original files if theres a cvcity.h.

gluck, if it wont help - ill try to help out more tomorrow. gluck fallout guy.

Top Bottom