Music.

As expected, it is excellent -- at least what I have heard of it so far. The two soundtrack CDs are part of the reason why I bought the boxed special edition.

Okay. Well IMO I think the Main Theme is epicly beautiful, and the diplo music is very good, they actually based the diplo music off of actual songs from the country the leader was from, for example Washington's music is based off of America The Beautiful. They each have Peace And War tracks, Beautiful and Uplifting, while the War tracks are Dark and Forbodeing. The main track is wonderful as well (Although i've only played as a European Civ so far.) In conclusion I would call the soundtrack a Epic Score to go with a Epic Game.

I've barely scratched the surface of the game (due to the wife barging into the living room saying, "are you mad, it 2 o'clock in the morning"). I think the Chinese music is really great.

The score is good. But, no option for custom music? Not so good. (unless I'm missing something?)

I just listen to podcasts when I play so I turn the in-game volume down to 25% and play podcasts in windows media player so the media control buttons on my keyboard let me pause it whenever I want to hear a research quote.

I like the score for this better than IV. The only thing I like about IV's music over V's is Baba Yetu. In my Greece campaign the music for when I'm at war is just flat out amazing.

Nice score, some of the pieces are very understated and suit the mood of the game perfectly. By and large it's better than Civ IV's which was good in itself.

The score is good. But, no option for custom music? Not so good. (unless I'm missing something?)

This. I can't even begin to convey how disappointed I am that I can't set my own custom music folder anymore. Boo!

Is there a mod for that yet? That'd be nice.

Music in Civ5 is the best surprise of them all. I give it A+. From the quiet sounds of the early ancient times to strong scores while at war, you really feel immersed in. This is the best part of the game : the ambiance. You had Civ2 and Civ4 with their ever too present music you grew tired of after a while.

In Civ5, what you hear at first are quiet noises of the wind, rivers flowing and birds chirping in what is essentially an immaculate world barely touched by mankind. I LOVE IT. Then, from the rural world comes the usual sounds associated with farming.

100/100 !

While playing as China, I got to the point where much of the music was very Chinese -- which was pretty cool. Although I'm not much of a fan of Chinese music (even though I'm Chinese myself).

I'm don't recall if there was a difference between the Aztec and Iroquois music, but the Iroquois music was amazing. I loved listening to that deep tribal tune as I was methodically wiping people off the map with mech infantry and bombers. I can't wait to play the other civs just hear their scores... next up, Ottoman Empire :p

I know one of the general tracks is from Dvorak's No. 9 (New World Symphony). I think I've recognized a couple others - maybe Saint-Saens and Ravel.

I think most of the scores are fantastic but they no longer evolve with age and get a little repetitive imo.

If you look at the folder tree (in the "assets" folder), you'll notice the music is actually continent-specific, and alternates between neutral, war and peace music. So yes, I believe France and Britain will share their music...

Top Bottom