My civ 5 experience so far

Rcon

Chieftain
A little story I like to call: wtf? (If you like it to actually be short skip right to the last sentence)

I bought the game on steam on the day of release and started a game on Prince, since I had some experience of civ 4 it soon became apparent that it was way too easy. So I tried King. After a few hours I had my continent secured and I played around with all the new features and it felt like beta testing a game that could become really good.

However on the other continent one player had conquered everyone else and by the year 1600 we were the only ones left. Since i didn't feel like playing a duel I quit that game too and started a new game, on emperor. I was way ahead in science but didnt build enough troops and every single AI declared war on me more or less at once so I got gangraped. Could've taken them all, except like in the previous game one civ had gotten massive compared to the others and was almost at my level of science.

Now you're thinking, why the hell did I read all of that?

Well I restarted again (on emperor), did som early attacking (horseman :eek:) and then allied all the city states. And I still played around and played suboptimaly but I hit modern age around 1500 AD, had modern armor in the 1600eds and the game just seemed ridiculously easy. When I decided to end it by invading the other continent I just payed the large civ like 100 gold to declare war on the two puny civs he hadnt killed yet, then attacked him from the back. Since I'd decided not to bring anything more advanced then infantery I was quite pleased that he fell into my trap and I quickly conquered his capital.

Now (finally) for the WTF moment. The big civ didnt stop his war on the two smaller civs. Infact, as I crushed him, he crushed them. And about 8-9 turns after I took his capital the computer took the last remaining one giving me the victory by domination..

Conclusion: The AI isn't even good enough to regocnize the victory conditions.

Top Bottom