my civilization is getting these two error messages i dont understan

the schema files define the layout of other xml files (civilizations schema define how the files in the civilizations folder should be structured). You are probably getting this message because you are using an undefined tag. If you use a new tag, you MUST edit the schema file and build a new DLL telling the game what that tag means (so quite tricky and can be tough at first).

i will show you after i check this one more time im pretty sure if found it thier was a random Civ4unit info like this:

<UnitInfos>
CIV4UnitInfos

<UnitInfo>
<Class>UNITCLASS_MUSKETMAN</Class>
<Type>UNIT_LONGRIFLE</Type>

first thing I notice is that the longrifle unit doesn't have the tag "Unitinfos" (note the s) closed. (unitinfos file)

Last edited:
Also why are you not putting this into the regular civ4 xml files but creating your own ("modular")? If you are doing this to show me than i can understand, but if not then your game will simply not work like this without a new DLL

im a n00b to modular stuff i made a mod to play a modular civ then added another, there where no problems, but then i made a civ using one of the other civs as a model and added the Longrifle unit from parts of a nonmodular civ so that may be the problem as well

Top Bottom