1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

My computer reboots at random times

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by letsiki, May 29, 2003.

1. letsiki

letsiki Chieftain

May 29, 2003

I've been playing RON for a week and I think its a great game. Unfortunately I've noticed that my computer restarts pretty often at random times while I'm playing the game. I've tried with both patched and unpatched version and the problem insists. Do u guys get that too or is it only me?

2. Rohag

Rohag Chieftain

Mar 3, 2003
    I haven't had that problem but others have. Patch 2 has been released to Microsoft for testing and may be available in about a week. In the meantime I'd recommend you visit some of the main RoN fan sites for technical troubleshooting information. I'm fairly certain this issue has been raised either at RoN Heaven or Apolyton Civ Site.
  3. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

Oct 29, 2000
    NJ, USA
    Need more info!! I don;t have a problem with the stability of RoN. What OS are you using? How long ago was this OS loaded?
  4. Paalikles

Paalikles Chieftain

Nov 28, 2001
    I have had RoN rebooting my machine 2 or 3 times since first install
    using XP home edition, I have found that to happen in some games from time to time (quite annoying on the occational LAN multiplayer)
    other games that also have rebooted are civ3, freelancer and AoE2
    did some windows update sessions and some reinstalling of RoN - and have yet to reboot this week - though it is only Tuesday today
  5. Comraddict

Comraddict C.IV

Aug 2, 2003
    These are all signs of RAM being bad. Please run Memtest86 to know for sure. Why it happens during games? Becasue games needs most of RAM.

6. MaDmAn_71

MaDmAn_71 Communist

Aug 1, 2002
    Also a possibility - System overheating. I had this problem with Warcraft 3, and adding a few fans and enhancing the cooling solved the problem. You should try this if the problem persists.