My fastest Deity Diplomatic Victory (Huge Size - T233!!!)

Tiberiu

Prince
Won my fastest Diplomatic Victory on Huge size map today. It was with Zulu, Inland sea, all standard settings, no mods, difficulty 8.

For wonders, I built Oracle and Forbidden Palace and hit Modern quite late in T160 but managed to pass both World Religion and World Ideology and also win World Fair before winning in T233 with 57 delegates. I had controlled 63 the most but 2 CS died and one diplomat was evacuated.

Turn time was impacted by small bad luck of receiving 1 Great Merchant and 1 Merchant of Venice from Patronage finisher, delaying my late scientists 2 times.

Policies taken in this order.

Liberty 6 / Patronage 3 / Tradition 1 / Patronage +3 / Tradition +1 / Order 3 / Rationalism 2 / Order+5 / Commerce 1 (final turn)

Game was mostly peaceful play except some defensive wars and agressive cold wars to get some tributes.

Turn233_DV.jpg

demographics.jpg

my empire after hitting just one more turn :c5happy:

Turn233_DV_2.jpg

Very impressive! I would like to see the whole thing. Hopefully you start to record your own games like I do. ;)

GGWP

Hello Bob' and thank you very much for the support. I actually started to record a game, and it is going very well, but unfortunately I am having trouble verifying my account on Youtube so I can't upload it. It seems they have a problem with verifications because many people are experiencing the same issues. I am also at begginer level with the software needed to record and with editing but I hope that I will be able to learn to improve. So sad that it's so hard to find a place to upload a large size video...apparently, there's no places where you can freely upload a video without too much hassle nowadays. It worked on facebook, but for some reason the quality of the video is much worse than the one I see when I play it in BSplayer...

I used a free program called FreeCam to record, it seems to be decent for a free program and unlike others that I initially tried like CamStudio, it doesn't have a file size or duration limit for the videos. :D

I will PM you the set up which I use. :)

Yeah it takes a while to upload a 6-8 video for me. Almost a whole day I believe.. But I prefer it rather than 30 min x 8 videos.

Thanks, Nizef! It's been a great game and in retrospect it was quite easy, compared to other games. Only one tough-ish situation in the Medieval but then I just grew peacefully and bribed all CS. Not too much action at all.
I am about to finish the hardest game I have ever played, expecting to barely win (with India). It will also be my first recorded game, a kind of "let's play", which was so stressful because it would have sucked that my first public game is a loss, haha. Now when I think of the Zulu game I can't believe how much the level of difficulty between games can vary.

In the above game, there wasn't really any dangerous runaway. Rome had a lot of cities and a lot of score but that's about it. And I was quite lucky with CS quests and CS type - I think there were like 7 maritime ones.

Keep iy on Zulu, Shaka , Madafaka ! :lol:

Top Bottom