My FFH2 Feedback

flaschengeist

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to step by and give my feedback about this truly impressive mod. My story in catchwords: Being at a friends appartment, seeing fall from heaven, planing to play just a bit, being trapped in a computer game for the first time in years.

To me this is just a better game than the already awesome civilization (4). Personally, I enjoy fantasy settings and in a way FFH2 fels like a modern and also much enhanced remake of the good old Master of Magic.

As for my feedback, here it goes (refering to versions 0.33/0.34):

Religions

It occured a lot that only a few religions were present at all in my games which reduced the variety and dynamics of the game bigtime. As a makeshift solution, I modified the custom settings in a way causing the civs to meet each other rather late (different continents f.e.).
Once a religion is founded, my AI seems to pop out missionaires like there is no tomorrow (monarch difficulty). This leads to the aboved mentioned result. What makes it even more tricky is that some religions are earlier found than others. Especially Fellowship of the Leaves and Runes of Kilmorph are the usual suspects. Furthermore, not every civ seems to have the prefered religion which fits it best and once adopted any religion they rarely convert to another. It just feels odd to have to found and spread Ashen Veil to the Sheaim but they stick with Fellowship of the Leaves nevertheless.

Civs

Playing the game for many hours and in different seetings it occured to me that the Ljosfar civ is overpowered. I did not go into the game mechanics yet to back this feeling up. But I kind of took a little experiment (Number of trials about 10) and virtually every time the Ljosfar civ was present as AI it dominated everyone expect (sometimes) me.
Being able to improve forests, getting movment and defense boni there and a lot of nice special units plus a world spell wiping out any invasion (fortunately limited by the skills of an AI) is probably to much. Finding the Leaves and making the whole AI-world a bunch of treehuggers (see above) does not help either.
Thus I did not play the Ljosfar myself and also employ special settings ("ice startup", raging babarians, wildlands) this might not be a general problem but in my case this is a major issue.
I also observed that the Calabim do not build vampires in my games which seems like a bug.

Top Bottom