Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unitied Nations.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

digitalgoodtime

Chieftain
I lost my first emp. level game with default rules by culture. I was 3 turns from building the U.N. and maybe winning. Germany was on a continent all by them selves and even though I was able to take them out of the tech race they still won....

Um what is the Question in this poll

Ive never managed to lose an emporer level game :D

Of course, Ive only ever played using Moonsingers map util in very favorable start positions :goodjob: so maybe you can count all the discarded positions as technical losses ...

My first emp. level game was played on a PC that didn't have beefy enough hardware to handle a huge map with 16 civs on it. Once I got to about 3000 BC or so and I started contacting other civs, the game crashed every time I tried to advance a turn.

My first emp. level game is therefore still in progress.....

I gave up. No need to get swamped by the AI, I had not the mood to fight to the end. :)

My first Emperor game was in a SG: won by qonquest.

I never lost an Emperor game. I was good and ready when I moved up from Monarch!

I lost mine to the Babylonians. They had a small island, and I had gotten my whole continent plus two other smaller islands thanks in large part to the help of 3 early MGL's. So I was worried very little about them since they had maybe 10 cities to my 75+. Then right before I was about to launch my overseas invasion against Russia I got a message saying you have suffered a humiliating defeat. Apparently Babylon had a great early start a grabbed most of the Ancient and about half the Middle Age wonders. So I lost by 20k culture to Babylon. I have never left a babylonian empire alive in any game since then.

digitalgoodtime said:
I lost my first emp. level game with default rules by culture. I was 3 turns from building the U.N. and maybe winning. Germany was on a continent all by them selves and even though I was able to take them out of the tech race they still won....

That happen to my brother on Cheiftian, only he was Germany :lol: :lol: :lol:. I assume that there was a fair amount of killing in the other (ie YOUR) contenent? :sniper: :ninja: :devil2: :spank: :help: :spear: :worship:

I'm playing my first Emp game right now. 256x256 tiles, earth map, conquest/domination only two enabled vic conditions.

As of right now, it's degenerated into me vs China; China owns slightly less than 2/3 of the world, and I own the rest. (A few other useless civs own various islands.) We hit the unit limit a long time ago, but a massive war in the late modern ages cleared that right up.

This game has taken several weeks of straight playing just to get this far. I'm still about a hundred turns away from the 'end' (1000 turn limit), but so far the Chinese have 18k points and I have around 12k. Only condictions are Conquest and Domination, so if I don't manage to win militarily, I'm going to lose by historograph. :(

Because they're communist and I refuse to switch from Republic to anything else, and also because their empire is so massively huge (they own Europe, Asia, most of Africa, Indochina, and England -- and remember, this is a 256x256 game), it's proving very difficult to lay the smack down.

I've only taken over ~17 of their cities in two wars, totalling 27 turns. Five of those cities I gained from signing peace, though.

Anyway, it's crazy when you've got an enemy with 120 jet fighters, 100 stealth bombers, 1100 Mech Inf and 650 modern armor units... and you can't build anything beyond 400 armor and 150 infantry because the unit limit has been hit. The outcome here is definitely still in question.

Um...since when was there a unit limit?

I have never heard of a unit limit.

There's a unit limit. I don't know what it is, but you'll know it when you hit it. The game will tell you that something was built, but then it never appears.

I'm playing PTW 1.27 by the way, not C3C.

My first emp. game was over very quickly: build a warrior, send him off exploring, two turns later a jag warrior appears outside my border and i think surely he won't take my city but good old monty does just that and by about 3500 BC my game was over!

There's a unit limit. I don't know what it is, but you'll know it when you hit it. The game will tell you that something was built, but then it never appears.

Anyway, it's crazy when you've got an enemy with 120 jet fighters, 100 stealth bombers, 1100 Mech Inf and 650 modern armor units... and you can't build anything beyond 400 armor and 150 infantry because the unit limit has been hit. The outcome here is definitely still in question.

That would be arround 2560, but of course you rounded it off, right :confused: ?

I was just guessing those numbers. I wrote the actual counts down in notepad but didn't bother to get them for this thread. Here's the actual count:

Code:
		************************************************************************************
		TOTAL TROOP STRENGTH:
		************************************************************************************
					United States		China		India
		Modern Armor		451 (70)		627 (9)		0 (4)
		Mech Inf		168			1102		14
		Artillery		93			102		1
		ARMIES			0			38		0

Infantry		0			58 [45]		0 (41) [26]
		Marines			37			9		2
		Paratroopers		3			4		0

Fighters		33 (40)			109		2
		Bombers			33			0		0
		Stealth Aircraft	28			73		0

Battleships		16			3		3
		Carriers		6			0		0
		Cruisers		0			128		0
		Destroyers		0			18		0
		Subs			16			25		0
		Transports		20			49		2

Tac Nukes		0			8		0
		ICBMs			39			19		0
		Cruise Missiles		0			31		0

India was the only other country with significant troop levels at the time I viewed the Mil Advisor screen, and as you can see they have NOTHING.

I also didn't get worker counts or settler counts.

But that's what the force structures were when I declared war on them. I know that's over 3500 units (if I did the math right), which isn't close to 2560 by any means... but that's just what it was when I checked it, and it wasn't allowing me to build anything beyond that point.

(The numbers in parenthesis indicate older units; brackets mean very old units or similar alt units. Both are separate numbers and should be added to the ones on their left.)

Babbler said:
That happen to my brother on Cheiftian, only he was Germany :lol: :lol: :lol:. I assume that there was a fair amount of killing in the other (ie YOUR) contenent? :sniper: :ninja: :devil2: :spank: :help: :spear: :worship:

Yeah I was at war nearly all game untill the industrial age..

Top Bottom