My first game of Civ 3.

Surely the UN is run on a democratic system and therefore only requires a majority decision rather than the support of all nations. Even if you voted for yourself then I would have thought that the sizes of the other empires are such that they would have enough votes to elect Queen Elizabeth outright.

i suppose you´re right Duke, but it shouldn´t be this way.

if you build the UN you´ll have a permanent seat in the council, so you´ll have an 'essential vote' (i forgot the normal term for this, if one can prevent the decision).

In reality USA and former Soviet Union repeatedly used this to prevent certain decisions of the UN.

I say the builder of the UN should have this advantage!

To clarify, yeah, I voted for myself, but no one else did. I have no problem w/the Egyptians voting against me - I kicked their butts early in the game and they hated me. That's fine. In fact, if they voted for me I would have been surprised. The French, on the other hand, had been friends and allies for thousands of years. The Germans were ACTIVELY FIGHTING the English. This gave me pause.

I think it may need some tweaking. That being said, it was the first time I've ever tried it, so who knows? Maybe it was a fluke.

-Arrian

Top Bottom