My First Game on Deity...

Stephanovitch3

Celtic Diety of Wales
I had been playing emporer and king for a long time and I decided Deity is my next step... heres how it went.
4000bc founded Athens with greeks(copied JINCHILE :lol: )
made an army of pikemen and took down 3 barb huts getting 100 gold and alphabet then retreated to Athens and sent out settler's.
found new city and english,zulu and russians all very keen on one city at that point. galley finds spy ring and is left to defend a distant island :D no artifacts yet :( aztecs find me and over expand alot locking the zulu into a small area away from me. War breaks out and russians decide im leading a backwards civilization:confused: anyway i continue teching get COL and go republic for 500 yrs and expand next to some barbs and i take coventry from the english and they still love me however now legions of zulu and aztecs piled in on rhodes but they couldnt defeat pikemen army so i produce one last effort to lockdown the aztec and now zulu expansion by building a blockade city on a narrowed land and the russians demand peace. so far i was 1 tech behind the strangely powerful zulu and shaka gets steam power :mad: not happy and thats where i saved my efforts and hoped i could find a good way to redominate the tech race... I had also had a practice deity with the zulu for the overrun combat advantage but i was crushed very quickly haha, i hope i win my second game on deity.

Sounds like your strategy is okay, but you need a faster start. Do you really make a hoplite army to go hunting barbs? That's really kind of crazy. How many turns does that take? In a single player game (even on deity), you'll almost never need hoplites until around 0 AD. Just send two warriors at the start working forests and see how much gold you can find.

There's a fairly good Greek strategy (at least for beginners - but I haven't had it work that well for me playing against good players) here: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48283

Top Bottom