My guided missile was attacked?

montero65

Chieftain
So I'm playing a game by email with some friends at work. One of them tells me that he took out a guided missile I had. Sure enough, it's gone, but I don't know how he did it. I cannot figure it out and he won't tell me (he's enjoying holding this over me).

The missile was in a fort, along with a Modern Armor. The armor is still there, and at full health. I wondered if a Mobile SAM could attack it directly, or if a jet could attack it? I'm confused because I thought when being attacked, your best unit on the tile would defend, in this case, the Modern Armor.

Can anyone explain how he did this? Also, if you can attack a guided missile directly, does that mean that using the same method, you could also attack a tactical nuke, or an ICBM? Thanks.

Jon

Any mods? Anything in the log? I can't think of any way to destroy a missile protected by modern armor without attacking the modern armor.

Maybe he direclty bombed the tile-improvement (fort) so it vanished, taking the missile with it.

:eek: If you wipe out a fort will all the planes/nukes/missiles stationed in it be destroyed? Won't they be moved to the nearest city? Is it even possible to wipe out a fort like you can a mine or any other improvement, by bombing it? (haven't played for a while, can't remember)

:eek: If you wipe out a fort will all the planes/nukes/missiles stationed in it be destroyed? Won't they be moved to the nearest city? Is it even possible to wipe out a fort like you can a mine or any other improvement, by bombing it? (haven't played for a while, can't remember)

Yes, you can destroy forts by bombing them. I do it all the time to the AIs, although it often takes several bombing runs to do so. Any ground troops in the fort are left on the tile, in the tile's undeveloped state. Any planes go "poof!". I found that out the hard way when I had some planes in a fort that got bombed by the AI. I don't know about missiles but I suppose they would be affected the same way as planes.

Spies can destroy Forts too.

I think the RevDCM mod let your fighters take out air units in cities, including missiles

Did it show in espionage? If you got the fort plundered by a spy then that could be why the missile disbanded.

Top Bottom