my list of gamespy rejects/cheaters

I know there is cheating in most games, but the way civilization works the only known way to cheat in multiplayer is with a custom map, which is not an issue since no custom maps are accepted in ladder games.

Also a big percentage of the games are teamers. In teamers you can see what teammates do and see, so cheating would be spotted instantly.

Another point is that civ is more complicated than RTS and FPS so most people playing it are older, most people are over 25 years old...I think most cheaters are kids anyway.

So far I have not witnessed any cheating myself, only very good players....so I hope that this game is an exeption to the rule.

Well spoken, Mat777. Just one question...

You wrote this:

First 2 line for civ.

thrid line, for both.

4 and 5 for both.

6 and 7 for other games.

8 for both.

9 for both.

I hope it help.

I am curious what it means. Maybe it is not as cryptic as it seems.

I know there is cheating in most games, but the way civilization works the only known way to cheat in multiplayer is with a custom map, which is not an issue since no custom maps are accepted in ladder games.

Also a big percentage of the games are teamers. In teamers you can see what teammates do and see, so cheating would be spotted instantly.

Another point is that civ is more complicated than RTS and FPS so most people playing it are older, most people are over 25 years old...I think most cheaters are kids anyway.

So far I have not witnessed any cheating myself, only very good players....so I hope that this game is an exeption to the rule.

I have my doubt when you say cheating is only possible with custom map.
It appear civ4 has a cheat protection. I tried myself to change the scroll speed in the files and I was tagged as MOD when joining a game. I don't know how well made is this anti-cheat, I don't know if it can be bypassed in a matter of a single hour for a pro or a cannot be bypassed at all.

I know a way to stop wallhacking for fps, but it require a lot of coding and I doubt that kind of anti-cheat has been done for civ4.

There is a rule in computer: Everything is hackable except SERVERSIDE protection. I really doubt civ4 has a huge server side protection. I've seen players cheating, and I believe the OUT OF SYNC has something to do with the cheat protection.

And I'm almost sure full map view is possible. No wait, I'm sure.

I agree that quiting if your starting positions sucks, or if you don't get a key wonder is sorta stupid. I mean work around your deficit. What I do not agree with is your lack of proof of someone cheating. It was said that "locked players assets" is for single player only? That is not true. Its in the options check list above random events. This ensures that there has not been any modification to your asset files which would prevent hacking. I do not know if you are computer literate but a md5 checksum would instantly tell if your files have been modified. I find it more believable that you are playing better players than yourself and the only way to explain it is through a "they are cheating me" approach. I have played online for more than 2 years and I have never seen anyone cheat. I have seen people try loading their own custom map. I have seen people change their skill level from nooble to settler, but never, never, never have I have seen someone (through teamer) cheat, either in a ladder game or non.

If you are soo sure there is a cheat. Find one, and post its link. I bet you wont find one. As someone already previously mentioned. If you do modify your files a BIG *MOD* is prefixed to your name. Those are the people who cheat, and are rarely allowed to play.

Good luck with your list, but it seems like a failure..

:crazyeye:

If we follow your logic, nobody ever cheated a game with punkbuster.

What make me laugh is first yous say: "there is no cheaters" then you say "There is a cheaters protection"
If they made a cheat protection, thats probably because there is cheaters around no?

I think I know you are not a computer literate, because claiming civ4 is full cheating proof is just like claiming a car cannot be stolen.

And for the modified asset, go read what is it said about it when you pass your mouse over it. Maybe you will understand what we are saying.

Good luck.

edit: I even took the time to make you more "literate"

OMG this remindes me of what this 1 guy did, he was attacked early on by rome when i was on a 18 world map, he was france and i was egypt and rome was a agressive player, he died early and came back as germany, he thrown his army at rome and lost, then he swiched to greeks and did the same thing and started winning, then there was a stailmate and he kept joining and quiting just because he was loseing and he didnt want any of us to win. So we all had to quit and make a password so he couldt get back on.

I also was playing with this hacker who seemed to make my civ way ahead in tech, i just joined, i then sent my army againsed him cause he was attacking me, as soon as i killed half of a HUGE stack he deleated all of my citys and units with a click of the mouse and i was dead

Light-Giver, was that guys name Canderous or something similar?

add ryu-82 to that list.

I don't know how he did it, but he had a stack of HA's coming at my front cities, and next turn suddenly my back cities were destroyed, and my other teammate lost 3 cities.

i'm 100% sure that there was no units next to those cities. I would've known.

Yep -- still nobody can prove their claim ... funny how people mask their inability to play with "HE MUST BE CHEATING!!"

Yep -- still nobody can prove their claim ... funny how people mask their inability to play with "HE MUST BE CHEATING!!"

relax. this is a just a resource for reporting sore losers and cheaters. it has already steared me clear of ryu-82. this is an open forums and people are allowed to defend themselves

relax. this is a just a resource for reporting sore losers and cheaters. it has already steared me clear of ryu-82. this is an open forums and people are allowed to defend themselves

Not sure if you read the entire thread. There is a sub-topic concerning cheating. And as you say, this is an open forum, so I am allowed to voice my opinion. There still is no evidence other than users testimonials that people cheat. ryu-82 probably moved his horse archers last second (2 squares), and then moved his horse archers another 2 square as the beginning of the turn. So it may have appeared that he jumped across the map but in reality he used the timer to his advantage.

actually moving units in less than 8 (or 9?) seconds before the end of turn renders them unselectable for significant part of the next turn; quite a nice feature making Civ less RTS-like

...i recently heard some ppl have already found an exploit to avoid this though :sad:

Try going into the Options section and choose 'No Unit Cycle' -- This is not an exploit. People are just using the options to their benefit.

In the other hand, saying only kids cheat cannot be true. Because kids don't know how to program. The cheat and hax are surely made by adults.

I have been programing since I was 10. I first modded Civ at 12. I don't cheat, but I'm sure I could.

Try going into the Options section and choose 'No Unit Cycle' -- This is not an exploit. People are just using the options to their benefit.

I just tested it with a first settler and warrior. Making a move and hitting enter quickly with No Unit Cycling on doesnt make the 8 sec delay go away next turn. Or am i missing something?

Top Bottom