My location in Editor is randomized by Conq.

Jack Noir

Chieftain
Your August Sirs,

I have just started playing the Conquest upgrade after playing Civ III for years. I like to use the editor to create a world and locate my starting point for best advantage (I cheat). This seems not to be possible with Conquest because there is no way that I have found to force the game to link the civilization that I have chosen to the player starting location I assigned in the Editor to that civilization.

For example: in the Editor I place a Player Starting Location marker and then assign it to England. Save the game, great.

Then I start Conquest, figure out what the funny menu names mean, and start the new game that I saved. When the Civilization selection window comes up I select England. Oh boy we are set to go...

Start the game, and it puts you in the wrong place. :cry:

This worked fine in Civ III and I have enjoyed hundreds of hours of challeging but always winable games. Has anyone else noticed this? It may be related to the "Too Many Americans" bug that several threads have brought up.

Regards,

Jack Noir

------------- :blush: ------------ :mischief: -------- :blush: ----------

Your August Sirs,

I hate-it when this happens. I loaded the latest Patch (V1.22) and it was fixed.

Regards,

Jack Noir

Your August Sir,

Thanks. I was wondering if I was the "Player 1". As I said though, the new patch fixed my little frustration. Good going software guys!

Regards,

Jack Noir

It could also be that the start point you asked for is inland, seeing as England is Seafaring it always starts by the coast. This could be the problem

Your August Hellfury,

You may have something there. I was located in the center of the contenent for my Player Start Point. Do you think that the game compiler forces Seafaring Civs to start on Coast squares? That seems restrictive.

Regards,
Jack Noir

To my knowledge, the latest C3C patch "fixed" a "problem" with seafaring civs NOT starting near a coast....so that could be it.

Of course, if you're hell-bent on playing England with a non-coastal capital, you can always change its Seafaring trait to something else.

Top Bottom