My New Mod

Google Atomic Gamer and find its option for uploading, you'll probably have to sign up (for free of course)

Ok, just noticed that the editor map is already uploaded, so the mod should work. just make sure that the senario search folders' box has this in it: whateveryourmodiscalled;..\..\civ3ptw\extras\Medieval Japan;..\..\conquests\conquests\WWII in the Pacific\art\units

oh and if there is a space between the Medie and val in Medieval, then just disregard it. I can't seem to fix that.

I am allways interested in mods giving extra functionality, so I downed your 3 files and unzipped them.
The directives what to do with them are not very clear.
This is what I did.
I copied MyMod.biq in civ3\Conquests\Scenarios
I replaced in civ3\Conquests\text the files Civilopedia.txt and PediaIcons.txt by the same files (a little bit larger) from your downed MyMod.
I think that's all you need to do.

Running the game after choosing Civ-content > MyMod
1. You have on a huge map max 7 AI-rivals. Why?
2. The whole map is visible including resources. Is that an option I overlooked?
IMHO is that spoiling the game. At the start everything must be black.
3. Players tribe-name is replaced by Debug.

I did not play, because of remark 2. If you can solve this matter I will give the mod a try.
I play on a huge map with at least 10 rivals. Why is the number reduced?
AvG

Now your .zip-file seems to be corrupted or damaged.
Will NOT unzip.
If it does, will the visibility also be back to normal?
AvG

It seems to be OK now.
Only the max of 7 rivals is still there.
It is now to late to start a scenario. Will do that tomorrow. Am very curious.
Thanks for the quick reactions.
AvG

Night.
I didn't notice that, so I will fix it:
Hopefully this will be the last version i will post, because i don't have time for this one anymore, i'm working on a modern scenario...
And thank YOU for staying with me till i get it fixed. ;)
EDIT: Go to the first page for all the downloads.

It seems not possible to build the Ninja. I tried as Japanese and Mogolian.
AvG

Came to that conclusion myself.
I played 4 scenarios before I got one with Iron and Horses. Even saltpeter is available.
I really can say, having Navigation discovered a moment ago, that I like the mod sofar.
Thx for your answer anyway.
AvG

Oh, good. thats what i like to hear.
And if you don't start outwith iron and horses, you can always take some...:devil:
Just wait until you get to the Industrial era, all kinds of units become available... provided you have the recources.

Still like it, but can't go on.
Program exited because of missing file: Art\.......\Ship_of_the_Line.INI
Hope you can do something about that.
AvG

Ok, i brought mine up and the ship of the line problem did NOT come up. However, i found some other problems that I fixed. I think that these problems occured because of an incorrect download.
I used to have the original file for My Mod, but i wiped my hardrive. I downloaded it off of here to get it again, and never played it since.
Tell you what. I will upload it to atomic gamer (since i now have an account) and you can download there.
Sorry for the inconvienence.

Please look at the first post.

Downed MyMod from Atomicgamer.
Now I have a lot more, but it is NOT clear where to put those files.
It seems there is an extra level in Art\Art.
In Civilopedia those 2 unit-files (Deinoychus and Longship), do they really have to be there. The content of these files is completely different from other cicilopedis-files.
There are 2 MyMod.biq. What's the difference?
We need installation-instructions!!! Not everybody knows how to handle these things.
AvG

ok,
1. for the art/art problem, just copy the art out of the art and paste it in the main folder, asying yes to overwriting the files.
2. those two unit files: i was going to use them, but they didn't work, so just diregard them. if they cause no problems, then don,t touch them, and if you delete them, and an error comes up you better hope that you copyed and pasted them in another file to put back.
3.Originaly, My Mod was put on a random map, and I wondered what it would be like to play on a Europe map, hence the My Mod2. Now, both are Randome, because My Mod2 was more up-to-date than My Mod1. I also Imported the data from My Mod2 into My Mod1 so they were exactly the same, so just play My Mod1 (you can delete the second).
4.I will update the instalation instructions.
5. Just get rid of one of the art levels and move the other one up.
*cough* I need water...

Top Bottom