Mystery Leader?

I don't think it can be modern as the Methodist Central Hall Westminster (where they hold General Assembly of UN) is modeled differently. I tried to find a 1940-1950 photo of the conference hall, but couldn't.

Here's what it looks like today:

12.jpg

It looks different (older?) in the revealed video.

Therefore, I don't think Barrack Obama (or "modern" leaders) are represented here.

I don't know who that is supposed to be but that would be the seat for the winner of the game.

From the UN website:
"From the viewer’s left to right sit the Secretary-General of the United Nations, the President of the General Assembly, and the Under-Secretary-General for General Assembly and Conference Management."

I could only locate a statue of Chief Pocatello which I doubt would be much help, but I'm going to guess that the figure on the left is a rendering of him at the world council. It does look like the figure in the image may have somewhat darker skin tone as well, which could be consistent with a Native American. He might look like one of these Shoshone chiefs in this photo, but without a headdress or hat:
Spoiler :

According to Wikipedia, this is who sits at the rostrum:

"At the front of the chamber, is the rostrum containing the green marble desk for the President of the General Assembly, Secretary-General and Under-Secretary-General for General Assembly Affairs and Conference Services and matching lectern for speakers.[8] Behind the rostrum is the UN emblem on a gold background."

So, the blue-blocked leader is one of those persons.

It might be the scene for the Diplomatic victory. Anywho, from left to right to bottom:

Dag Hammarskjöld (Gustavus Adolphus), Eelco N. van Kleffens (Willem van Oranje), Kofi A. Annan (Askia), Barack Obama (George Washington)

Has anyone thought that this is just the screen art for the U.N and the blue square might be just a graphical error or just there to keep us busy until the release date.

Do you have evidence that firaxis has trolled its audience in the past? If so, please show. :)

Yes. There is a blue square blocking the supposedly Ban Ki-Moon (Sejong) or Dag Hammarskjöld (Gustavus Adolphus). And there's a guy that looks like Barack Obama ....

Yes. There is a blue square blocking the supposedly Ban Ki-Moon (Sejong) or Dag Hammarskjöld (Gustavus Adolphus). And there's a guy that looks like Barack Obama ....

What I meant by this is...

Has firaxis purposely done something for absolutely no reason.

Like would firaxis release a photo of a kitchen sink and then...just...say nothing about the kitchen sink, and do nothing about the kitchen sink.

You get the idea.

But I TOTALLY think they should do that.

Anyway...

It's clearly not splash art (as it has animation) so it's not a "victory splash page"; however, it's probably part of the cinematic intro...

So I guess, they blocked it out, because it is a leader to one of the two unrevealed civs....maybe.

You're all delusional. These are nonspecific props that have nothing to do with any leader in the game; they barely have faces!

Do you see the leader at 0:24? Do you know who he is? No? Exactly.

There isn't even a blue square in the video (1:30).

We already know that the remaining 2 civs are Pocatello of Shoshone and Enrico Dandelo of the Venetian Empire.

The thread should have ended there.

There can always be a new leader for an existing civ, but I highly doubt it.

Top Bottom