(NAB: FEATURE) AI civs popping up in diplomacy screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanilo2

Chieftain
I have version 1.15. I played Babylonians on a big map. At 1340 AD I knew 3 other civs (and a fourth I had erradicated). Then, suddenly at 1345 AD, without any obvious reason, the remaining 3 civs popped up in the diplomacy screen. I hadn't traded world maps or contacs or anything and didn't see any of their units. They just popped up. This was first time I clearly took notice of this but I think it's happened before. Seems like a bug to me...

Welcome to CFC!

Its most likely not a bug. One of the AIs you had met before probably discovered printing press, which allows for the trading of contact information. He then probably traded contact with you to the other 3 civs you hadn't met yet, hence them suddenly appearing in the diplomacy screen. Hope that helps.

I think lbhhh was saying that an AI traded its contact with you to another AI. Example: you're Babylon and you know Persia but not Japan, China, and the Mongols. None of the Asian civs show up on your diplomacy screen. Persia makes contact with the 3 Asian civs and sells them contact with you. The Asian civs will then show up on your diplomacy screen and may in fact pop-up in a diplomatic exchange on the next turn now that they have acquired contact with you.

Catt has it right. That's what I was saying. The AI trades away like crazy when printing press comes around so you should try to get it first and do the trading yourself, no point letting the AI cash in on the contact trade when you can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom