• YUMBO!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quintillus

Restoring Civ3 Content
Supporter
tl;dr: Vote for your top 5 choices!

We've already got a thread about naming things, with a lot of suggestions, but we've done a poor job of narrowing things down. The occasional "I like that one", but that's about it...

I think we should try to move forward a bit on the name, in part because I would not be surprised if Civ 7 were announced in the near future, and that would make things confusing.

So... in the spirit of moving things forward, I'm starting this poll. It will not decide the name, but hopefully will narrow it down a bit.

Format

This is going to be kind of like a jungle primary in an election campaign; there are no party/nominator affiliations attached to the names on this ballot, and no limits on nominations. Everyone gets five votes, and the top 5 will advance to the next round.

There are too many nominations for one poll, so for this round I've included the nominations from posts 1-14 of the nomination thread, excluding any mentioning "Civ".

I'll try to remember to create another poll for nominations in later posts once this one wraps up.

Will these results be final?

Not necessarily. We might find out our top choice is already taken, or we might get spammed by votes for Civvy McCivface, or something else might make the top choice not viable, or someone might come up with an absolutely perfect name after the voting that everyone agrees has to be what we go with. But part of the goal is that even if we find out choice A is unavailable, we have a general consensus on what's the next-best option.

(I'll also admit that I'd probably vote for Civvy McCivface as one of my top 5 if we weren't trying to not include "civ" in the name. It's just too easy to remember with that name!)

Hmm, "The Winnowing" that's not bad... ok sorry I'm done.

But wait, is this round one as in the first heat, or to narrow down from these? Because there are some good ones missing, and several of these were just jokes.
First heat. I didn't want to have 50+ choices in a poll, even though that is technically possible with XenForo (25 was the old vBulletin limit). There are definitely some good ones missing, and some of them were joke nominations, although sometimes joke nominations are also good.

Top Bottom