Naming Rights - Term 4

Waterz - Here's my take on the situation: Yes. It was a valid poll when posted so your changing offices doesn't change the validity of the poll. The instruction to change the name does have to come from the governor of the province though. As you're no longer the governor, it will be up to the new governor to post this in the turn chat instruction thread.

Cyc in response to your last post I named "Phoenix's Den" at the end of term 3 so I am probaly the last on the list to have named a city. Also I do not have honors if that really matters (not that I wouldn't like some ;) ).

Thak you, Phoenix. Your city naming was added to my list.
I'm not sure if Standard 1a was approved either, but if it was, it looks like next up on the list would be Daaraa, Dis, and maybe SKILORD if he is still here, then crabapple. If 1a wasn't approved, then crabapple would probably be next.

Why crabapple? Isn't Waterz above him in the CoC now? (Trade Leader).

Ok, Daaraa will get to name the next city!

I suggested crabapple as he has been involved in the game/government from the beginning, or close to it. He won the election of our third Province and has remained there since. Waterz has just come on board, I guess I missed his name on the COC

Actually Dis we are discussing naming privliges for newly founded or captured cities. Governors renaming cities in their Province during the first week after their election to office is a totally different matter. Just so you know, Waterz changed Macao to Seanoria. But again this falls under a completely different catagory.

no. as a citizen who already named a city (no matter how) is not allowed to name another until all other citizens named one.

So the governors get to name 2 cities when there are others which didnt name a city?

example: a governor of term1 renames a city (and brings it thru the poll successfully). he gets elected to president the next term and according to you, he can then name a second city (captured or founded).

i think this is unfair and not in the sense of the constitution

Dis, because I was Govenor of Kashmir, I could have named Oka Dunmanifestin, and maybe another city like Chondote, Donchote. And/or Txjhkh as Cyrus. Then as Govenor or Istar, I could have renamed Khatovar to Disland. This is in addition to my naming Khatovar as the fourth Phoenatican city.
We are talking apples and oranges here. If you really want to name cities, become a Govenor. It's that easy.

So why do we have the passage "a citizen is only allowed to name a city when all others have named one" in the constitution?

another point:
isnt naming a part of re-naming? if you rename a city, then you name it with a different name, but still, you name it.

i wish to motion that i be able to name the mountain range in normandy.

Originally posted by Almightyjosh
btw, the failed attempt that you were thinking of was me, not waterz. Also, I'm asking for a city to be renamed at the behest of a citizen group, this is OK is it not??

im siding with Almightyjosh here, could we name it the NAFN? Its entirely up to the President though....(just a suggestion)

Top Bottom